Building on the success of the 2020 virtual Wheels event, we invite you to join us as we continue to Keep Wheels Moving for The Darling Home for Kids. Ride – or run, or walk – with Wheels anywhere, at your convenience. Whether solo or as a family, you can make a difference and support The Darling Home for Kids.
Sign up today ($0 registration fee) and raise funds to help make a difference for families with medically complex children. Your virtual ride gives you the flexibility to participate on your own schedule. Create your own personal registration page and share it with your friends and family so they can help you to reach your goals and support you along the way. Fundraising will remain open until June 30th, 2020.
NEW this year – On Sunday, June 20th at 11:00am join Michael Landsberg and The Darling Home for Kids live on Zoom for an intimate chat about mental health. Expect a raw and candid discussion, mixed with a dash of that Landsberg attitude and humour.
Featuring games, great prizes, and a live Q&A Session with Michael Landsberg, it will be a memorable event that brings all Wheels supporters together.
Since its inception in 2011, Wheels has raised over $1million in support of capital projects and core programs offered at The Darling Home for Kids. With your help we will build more space for the moments that matter.
We have a dream to help more kids and families. With you, we’ll make it a reality. Your support of Wheels will help us fund vital projects within our 10,000 square foot expansion that includes:
- Three new bedrooms and two adjoining bathrooms
- A larger medication room
- Multi-functional spaces for counselling, meetings with families and care providers, volunteer interviews and religious ceremonies or events, and private spaces for client admissions.
- A larger Snoezelen room, which engages kids’ senses and imaginations through images, lights, textures, sound and colour
- A dedicated play room
- A new three-season space
- A private kitchen and accommodation for families who have a child receiving end-of-life care.
- A dedicated staff and volunteer area to accommodate increased nursing and support staff
- A second story for administration, meetings and training
- A driveway extension and larger parking lot
- A garage for our wheelchair van
When you Keep Wheels Moving, the funds you raise will help provide a gift for today, and an investment in the future, for children with complex medical needs and their families. The Orlando Corporation, has pledged to match proceeds from the 11th Annual Wheels event, presented by Mattamy Homes, doubling the impact this year’s ride has on the Home.
With your help, we will provide each child with the best care possible. They have beaten the odds to survive. Together, we can help them make the most of each day they have. We’re nearing the end of our Capital Campaign, and close to hitting our $3.5M goal. Help us cross that finish line!
Register today! Let us know how you intend to Keep Wheels Moving for The Darling Home for Kids and share your journey on social media.
DHK Board & Sub-Committees sponsored by Richardson Wealth
DHK Admin Team sponsored by Brampton Brick
- Event contact
- Nicole Walker
- +1 905-878-7673 ext. 232