Raise money for Isaac Dickson Elementary Parent Teacher Organization
Become a Literacy Supporter!
Literacy is one of the foundational cornerstones of a successful life. Students with reading difficulties struggle to grasp important learning concepts, underperform on tests, and are less likely to meet educational milestones. Please help Isaac Dickson Elementary PTO raise money to support literacy programs at the school so that all children in Asheville can thrive.
$50 Level Individual Fundraising Achievement
- Equivalent to 2 new books for the Isaac Dickson Elementary School Media Center.
- Earn a custom AVL Hot Chocolate Races winter beanie.
$100 Level Individual Fundraising Achievement
- Equivalent to an annual "Time for Kids" magazine subscription for 20 students.
- Earn a pair of Hot Chocolate Races running gloves.
$200 Level Individual Fundraising Achievement
- Equivalent to 12 free new books for 4 students of need at the Readers Read Book Shop.
- Earn a custom AVL Hot Chocolate Races handmade mug.
$500 Level Individual Fundraising Achievement
- Equivalent to a Ready to Go Class Library Bundle. This book bundle includes 100 titles that help build and/or replenish a classroom library.
- Earn a custom AVL Hot Chocolate Races Hoodie and an invitation to our Supporters Party.
$1000 Level TEAM Fundraising Achievement
- Equivalent to providing a small group of students with a year of reading intervention with a trained interventionist.
- Your Whole Team is invited to the Supporters Party.
Learn more about our Readers Read Bookstore!
This bookstore is held 3 times a year, before Winter, Spring, and Summer break. Any student who doesn't have a large at home library can come pick out brand new books that are a just-right reading level for them. Younger students get 12 books over the course of the year, older students get 8 books over the course of the year. We have heard from parents that having engaging, just right books to read increases the chances that students read over breaks. Our bookstore serves about a third of the students in our school.