Dash for the Beads is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that donates its proceeds to local area schools to help promote healthy eating and physical activity for our grade school children. Area schools will be eligible to apply for grants to encourage kids to stay in motion and learn about and practice behavior that leads to a healthy lifestyle.
All Dash for the Beads activities provide funds for Dallas-area schools and non-profits to promote physical fitness, healthy eating and arts programming.
We accomplish our mission by:
- Raising funds annually for Oak Cliff schools and non-profits that serve children through The Dash for the Beads 5K, 10K, and fun run race event, as well as, Last Bag Standing and Friends of the Dash.
- Requesting grant proposals annually from Oak Cliff schools and non-profits that offer physical fitness, healthy eating, and arts programming for children.
- Carefully reviewing and scoring grant applications to ensure Dash for the Beads is a good steward of raised funds to be distributed.
- Awarding grant funds to Oak Cliff schools and non-profits based upon the Grant Review Process.
- Diligently following up with Awardees to ensure grant funds are spent as requested and all necessary grant reporting is completed and in order.
Over $27,000 in FREE entries given to approx. 675 DISD school kids (over the past 3 years).
Donations awarded: $325,000 (since 2014)
Donations have been awarded to 34 different organizations (since 2014).