Raise money for Annie Malone Children & Family Services
The Annie Malone Children & Family Service Center first opened its doors in 1888 as the St. Louis Colored Orphan’s Home. Helping St. Louis families for more than a century, the agency today has grown into a multi-service center in the community, addressing social and education needs of children and families in crisis and at-risk throughout St. Louis.
In 1886, a group of concerned women led by Sara Newton Cohron, raised community concern for the welfare of neglected and orphaned children. The first location of the St. Louis Colored Orphan’s Home was 1427 North 12th Street. In 1905, the Home moved to a site on Natural Bridge Avenue. In 1910, the first May Day Parade was held. Today, the parade has grown to be the second largest African-American parade in the country. It serves as the agency’s largest major fundraiser and includes an outstanding celebration of fundraising events in May (Community Barbecue, Soiree & Silent Auction, Gospel Concert Explosion, Parade and McDonald’s Blues Fest) for family and friends. Thanks to the generosity of Annie M. Turnbo Pope Malone, the Home moved to a permanent location in 1922 to 2612 Goode Avenue in the Historic Ville Neighborhood. In 1924, the Home became a member agency of United Way of Greater St. Louis.
|Mar 22||Crystal Lee||$27.48|
|Mar 04||Kiana Mele Corporation||$250.00|
|Jan 27||Anonymous||Undisclosed amount|
|Dec 29||Anonymous||Undisclosed amount|
|Dec 19||LISA BURNETT||$27.48|