Every swimmer dreams of making the ultimate "ESCAPE" from the historical island prison located in the middle of the San Francisco Bay! This is the swim the Anglin Brothers and Frank Lee Morris successfully attempted in their escape from Alcatraz on the night of June 12, 1962. Who knows where they are now? Who cares?!! Now it's YOUR turn! The event is limited to 800 participants and sells out months in advance every year so don't wait too long to register!
PLEASE NOTE: This swim is not for novices. This event is for experienced open-water swimmers only. You should be able to swim one mile comfortably in a pool in under 40 minutes.
The Alcatraz Sharkfest Swim on August 8 is now SOLD OUT! But you can still swim the same course from Alcatraz as part of our Alcatraz XXXV Escape from the Rock event on August 22. Click here for more details!
$125.00Jun 7 – Jun 30
$150.00Jul 1 – Aug 31
$175.00Sep 1 – Jan 9
$200.00Jan 9 – Feb 9
ClosedFeb 9 – Aug 6
- August 8 4:50 AM PDT - Athlete Check-in
- August 8 6:10 AM PDT - Pre-Race Announcements
- August 8 6:20 AM PDT - Athletes Walk to Ferry
- August 8 7:00 AM PDT - Ferry Departs
- August 8 7:40 AM PDT - Race Starts
- August 8 9:00 AM PDT - Awards Ceremony