The Marathon and Half Marathon are USATF-certified, out and back marathon and half marathon is run at sea level on the lightly traveled, two-lane Douglas Highway in Juneau, Alaska. We also can be used as a time qualifier for the Boston Marathon. This moderately hilly course has been compared in difficulty to the Boston Marathon. The scenic course offers views of mountains, glaciers, forests, and the ocean. The start/finish is near the picnic shelter at Sandy Beach, in Douglas. The Deci marathon is also run along the same course.
Frank Maier Marathon Closed
$40.00Feb 2 - Jul 20
Douglas Island Half Marathon Closed
$20.00Feb 2 - Jul 20
Jackson Fraction Deci Marathon Closed
Deci and Half Deci Marathon
$17.00Feb 2 - Jul 20
Race Day Registration
Race day registration is available under the picnic shelter at Sandy Beach, near the start of the race, beginning at 5am and up to a half hour before the race start.
A ‘green’ fee of $5 is being adding for entries that are submitted by paper copies.
- July 25 6:00 AM AKDT - Frank Maier Marathon Early Start TIme (no awards)
- July 25 7:00 AM AKDT - Frank Maier Marathon Start TIme
- July 25 8:00 AM AKDT - Douglas Island Half Marathon Early Start Time (no awards)
- July 25 9:00 AM AKDT - Douglas Island Half Marathon Start Time
- July 25 9:15 AM AKDT - Jackson Fraction Deci Marathon
- July 25 11:30 AM AKDT - Awards
- Event contact
- Houston Laws
- +1 907-750-0119