The LPC Guelph Drafting Clinic is targeted for Youth/Jr/U23/Elite Triathletes who wish to be evaluated for their draft-legal certification, and/or acquire tips for draft-legal triathlon competition.
James Loaring, Mark Linseman, Alexandra Coates, David Sharratt
Participants (limited to 30):
Must be an annual member of Triathlon Ontario
Minimum age to participate is 12 as of 31Dec2015
LPC Headquarters, 298 Colonial Drive, Guelph ON N1L 0G4
Note: the clinic will still take place outdoors if it is raining. The clinic may be delayed in the event of excessive downpour. The clinic will be delayed or rescheduled in the event of thunder and/or lightning. We anticipate the clinic to complete by 3:30pm if there are not any significant weather delays.
Draft Cert: Attending this clinic does not by any means guarantee that you will obtain your drafting certification. This clinic is a one-day evaluation. It is strongly recommended that all participants frequently practice group riding, and basic bike-handling skills and drills prior to attending this clinic.
Mandatory Gear To Bring:
Bike in good working order that complies with draft-legal racing
Change of clothing for bike workout in case of rain
Gear for changing a potential flat tire: spare tube, tire levers, CO2 cartridges or hand pump
Racing flats (equipped with elastic laces) for use during Transition Practice
Lunch and 2 water bottles (one filled with sport drink)
$40.00Dec. 15 – Jan. 31
$45.00Feb. 1 – Apr. 30
$50.00May 1 – May 28
- May 28 11:59 p.m. EDT - Online Registration Closes
- May 30 8:40 a.m. EDT - Arrive, set-up bike, register, bike check
- May 30 9:00 a.m. EDT - Introduction
- May 30 9:15 a.m. EDT - Bike-Handling Skills
- May 30 12:00 p.m. EDT - Snack break and Discussion (bring your own snack and fluids). Sport drink/bars available.
- May 30 12:45 p.m. EDT - Group Riding, Transition Practice
- May 30 3:15 p.m. EDT - Wrap-up