Mayors Paddle Palooza
YXE Foremost Family Paddling Event - June 18, 2016
The South Saskatchewan River has never seen anything like this.
A paddling event like no other.
This event is the day before Father's Day and is a perfect way for the family to honour Dad!
June 18th, 2016
A Full Day of River And Land Based Activities
This is a Family Fun Filled Day of Frolicking!
Register for one of three paddling events or register for the YXE Paddle Palooza Carnival.
Three River Paddling Events to Choose From:
1) The Adventurers Paradise ($25 fee per person) - Starting out at Whitecap Dakota First Nation (9:00 am Launch Time), this trip is approximately 7 hours duration, and is recommended for experienced paddlers, those in great paddling condition. You need to be able to paddle for the full day and sit in a canoe for the majority of the duration of the trip. We will join additional paddlers along the route at the other launch points in the day.
2) The Full Throttle Paddle ($25 fee per person) - Starting out at Fred Heal Boat Launch (access is from just past beaver Creek) this trip is approximately 4 hours duration (1:00 pm Launch Time), and is recommended for moderately experienced paddlers, those in good paddling condition. You need to be able to paddle for the a half a day and sit in a canoe for the a long period of time. We will join additional paddlers along the route at the other launch points in the day.
3) The Eager Beaver Paddle ($25 fee per person)- Starting from the Water Station Launch site (just past the Water Treatment Plant) this trip is approximately 1 hour duration (4:00 pm Launch Time), and is recommended for inexperienced paddlers, those in good paddling condition. You need to be able to paddle for short period of time and sit in a canoe for the full hour. We will join other paddlers who got on the route at earlier launch points and times.
There will be an orientation session held at 6:00 pm Friday June 17th at Eb's Source for Adventure (1640 Saskatchewan Ave). Here you will receive your participant package, details on the event, route plans and transportation arrangements etc.
Paddlers will travel from their respective launch points as noted above all the way down the South Saskatchewan River and in to the city of Saskatoon. There will of course be stops along the way, for the longer paddles. We encourage you to bring your own food and water for the trip. We will provide fruit and energy bars enroute and have access to water. And when you arrive at the take out destination point in Rotary Park at the end of your paddle there will be burgers, dogs and beverages for you to enjoy. You will also receive a Buff as a thank you for participating. And be eligible for exciting prizes including, Boat rides, Paddle lessons, gear and a whole lot more. All included in your registration price.
Full Day 7 - 9 hours
Half Day - 4 to 5 hours
One Hour Paddle
We thank our sponsors partners and promoters for their commitment to and support of the project. We encourage yuo to support them in return.
Saskatoon Fire & Protective Services
Saskatoon Police Service
Saskatoon Canoe Club
We are making arrangements for your safety and enjoyment of this wonderful day. Here are some additional Notes:
1) For those that can provide their own transportation to their respective launch site this is preferable. Once the paddling day is over we will provide shuttle buses to take you back and get your vehicle. Participants are required to provide their own canoe; kayak or paddle board and Personal Flotation Device.
2) You will have access to a bag drop at the Paddle Palooza Take Out site in Rotary Park. This will be a place where you can safely leave your kit or dry bag and catch the shuttle back to retrieve your vehicle.
3) The registration fee is per person. and does not include a canoe, kayak or paddle board. Yes all three are allowed in this event. No Motorized crafts are allowed.
4) All events will paddle into the city and do a turnaround at River Landing and return to the Rotary Park for the final take out.
5) Your entry fee does include your burger or dog and a beverage at the end of the event.
6) Eb's Source for Adventure will have canoes for rent. (P: (306) 652-0385; www.ebsadventure.com; E: email@example.com; 1640 Saskatchewan Ave )
7) There will be a limited number of canoe trailers available with which we can transport canoes for those that need assistance. More info on this closer to event date.
8) There will be Event Marshals on the route we ask that you follow their instructions and directions at all times.
9) There will be emergency vehicles on the water and able to reach anyone who experiences any distress and requires assistance. All our event crafts will be equipped with radios and other communication devices.
10) You will receive more details and specific instruction regarding the event a day or two prior to the event.
Should you need more info immediately or have questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
|1||Croatia Industries Limited Cenaiko||$500.00|
June 18 8:00 AM CST - Marshall For Each paddle Event is one hour earlier
June 18 9:00 AM CST - Adventurers Paradise
June 18 1:00 PM CST - Full Throttle Paddle
June 18 4:00 PM CST - Eager Beaver Paddle