Locally created, locally sponsored -
See what we love about Asheville!
For those of you who remember the old Asheville Citizen-Times Half Marathon, our race follows about 95% of that course. The ARX Half Marathon will begin on Coxe Avenue in the heart of the South Slope and proceed north through downtown into North Asheville and through the Grove Park neighborhood including the famous climb of Cherokee. After this section the course is exactly the same including the sections on Kimberly Avenue, around the Country Club of Asheville, the Beaver Lake Trail, Lookout Mountain and UNCA before heading to Broadway. At this point we will join the Reedy Creek Greenway before taking the final stretch up and over Patton Avenue on Lexington Avenue for the final sprint to the finish on Coxe.
The course is USATF certified. CLICK HERE to download a map of the official course. Take advantage of the early registration fee of $50 through the end of this year. The fee jumps to $75 on January 1st so get it done now.
Back by popular demand - a t-shirt free option.
Too many race shirts in the drawer? Save $5 on registration and skip the shirt.
Registration including a race shirt is closed but Blubus clothing will be on-site race day if you'd like you can purchase one directly from them.
$45.00Nov 15 – Dec 31
$70.00Jan 1 – Aug 31
$80.00Sep 1 – Sep 20
- September 22 4:00 PM EDT - Packet Pickup at The Happening Starts - Location - Hi-Wire Brewing BIG TOP 2A Huntsmans Pl/
- September 22 7:00 PM EDT - Packet Pickup at The Happening Ends - Location - Hi-Wire Brewing BIG TOP
- September 23 6:00 AM EDT - Late Packet Pick Up/ Registration Opens - Location - Coxe Ave between Banks and Hilliard
- September 23 7:15 AM EDT - Late Packet Pick Up/ Registration Closes
- September 23 7:30 AM EDT - Race Start
- September 23 10:30 AM EDT - Awards