Corporate Team Challenge
Grandma's Marathon & Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon
If your corporation is interested in participating in a friendly competition that could earn you bragging rights for a year and a beautiful award to display, this challenge is for your company!
There will be separate Coporate Team Challenges for Grandma’s Marathon and the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon. Corporations can have teams in both events. To be officially scored for the Timed Competition, each team must consist of:
The Corporate Team Challenge fee is $25.00 + processing fee per corporation, per race (if your corporation has a marathon team and a half marathon team the total fee is $50). This is in addition to the individual race entry fees paid by team members when they officially registered for Grandma's Marathon or the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon.
Each team will need to designate a Team Captain, who will be responsible for team creation and management tasks.
All team members must already be officially registered for Grandma’s Marathon or the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon in order to participate in the Corporate Team Challenge. Creating or joining a Corporate Team does not officially register you for the race.
Steps for registering a team:
1. The Team Captain must first create a team(s). To do so, select the "Register" button to the right, log into your Race Roster account and select "CREATE Grandma's Marathon Corporate Team" OR "CREATE Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon Corporate Team".
2. Team Captain completes the registration form and in the section titled "Add Participant To a Team" select "Yes, create a new team and add this participant"
3. Team Captain names the team.
IMPORTANT: If you plan to have a Marathon and a Half Marathon team, please indicate this in your team name. Example: TEAMDULUTH - 26.2 and TEAMDULUTH - 13.1.
4. Team Captain submits payment for the team.
IMPORTANT: If your corporation has a Marathon and Half Marathon team, the captain will need to repeat
steps 1 - 4 to set up the other team.
5. Team Captain shares the team name with fellow team members.
6. Once the team has been created by Team Captain, Team Members - select the "Register" button to the right, log into your Race Roster account, and select "JOIN Grandma's Marathon Corporate Team" or "JOIN Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon Corporate Team".
7. Team members will complete the registration form and in the section titled "Add Participant to a Team", select: "Yes, add this participant to a team created by someone else".
8. Select your team name and follow the remaining prompts. NOTE: There is no fee to JOIN a team.
The three fastest chip times (including the time of one female and one participant that is 35 or older) of each team will be added together. If a team fails to have one female runner and/or member who is 35 or older complete the race, the team will not be officially scored or eligible for awards.
The winning team in the timed competition will receive a Corporate Team Challenge plaque inscribed with the names of the top three scorers. Awards will also be given to the second and third place teams.
In addition to the timed competition, we will offer a participation competition. An award will be presented to the corporation with the greatest number of employees who register and finish.
NOTE: Awards will be mailed 4-6 weeks after the race.
FOR CAPTAIN USE ONLY. If you are not a team captain, select JOIN Grandma's Marathon Corporate Team below.
Select this option if you are joining a Grandma's Marathon Corporate team, but are NOT a team captain
FOR CAPTAIN USE ONLY. If you are not a team captain, select JOIN Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon Corporate Team below.
Select this option if you are joining a Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon Corporate team, but are NOT a team captain
June 17 6:15 AM CDT - Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon
June 17 7:30 AM CDT - Grandma's Marathon