May 14, 2017
A 4 mile road race in the heart of Dartmouth that perimeters Banook Lake & loops around Sullivan's Pond
RUN OR WALK TO SUPPORT
The M4M Mission
Our goal is to increase mental health awareness, erase the stigma surrounding mental illness and maximize the amount of donations to mental health organizations.
Student-Athlete Mental Health Initiative
We will be donating 100% of the proceeds from this road race to the Student-Athlete Mental Health Initiative. SAMHI is focused to eliminate mental illness stigma in post-secondary sport, facilitate access to the resources needed to maintain and improve mental health, and advocate on behalf of student-athletes experiencing mental illness
This event has been created in memory of Alex McLaughlin; a benevolent person, an all around athlete from the community and varsity basketball player for Acadia University. Alex took his own life due to depression in April 2014.
Important Race Details
- The race begins at 8:15 AM on May 14, 2017.
- The event will take place rain or shine and is not weather permitting.
- The Race starts and finishes at Hawthorne School in Dartmouth
- There will be refreshments and prizes in the gymnasium after the race.
- Atlantic Chip Sport Timing will be at the event for professional timing and online results.
New this Year
- Hawthorne School has been reserved for the event. The gymnasium will be used for registration & race day pick-up and post race refreshments & prizes. As well, the indoor washrooms will be accessible to participants and spectators.
- Last year we used Atlantic Chip Timing ankle chip technology. Instead of this ankle bracelet we will be using bib chip timing technology.
- F1RST Fence Rental's is one of our proud service sponsors. They will be providing fencing at along certain parts of the route to guide runners and keep participants safe.
- Ladies & Men's running shirts available with a new design
What The Iceberg Means
The iceberg logo symoblizes mental health and the human mind; the conscious and sub-conscious, the perception of yourself and others and what mental illness can look like on the surface.
Commencing at 0815 hours at Hawthorne Elementary School, participants proceed north bound on Hawthorne Street, turning left onto Prince Albert Road towards Ochterloney Street. At Ochterloney Street participants turn right onto the Dartmouth Multiuse Trail proceeding around Sullivan’s Pond back towards Hawthorne Street. Here they turn left on Hawthorne, then right onto Crichton Ave, right onto Glen Manor Drive and right onto Brookdale Crescentrunning on the right hand side with traffic. From Brookdale Crescent participants will head on to the Lake Banook Trail taking a clockwise trip around Lake Banook on the trail until reaching Nowlan Street at which point they will turn right and cross through Henry Park. Participants will loop around Sullivan's until reaching Hawthorne School.
Atlantic Chip Timing Will Be Onsite Providing
- Road race timing
- Online results including athlete result profile to search results from past events
- ChampionChip timing
- Race Clock(s)
- Real-time results during the event
- Results posted to the web at the end of the race
Please see the corresponding tab for volunteer opportunties and donations.
Lets break the ice again in 2017!