Important Race Day Info:
1. Kit pick up will take place at the Hants County War Memorial Community Centre at 78 Thomas St in Windsor from 7:45-8:30AM. This is also the start, finish and reception location.
2. Parking as usual will be tricky. There are limited parking spots at the Community Center. Parking is available behind the Baptist Church on King St., at the United Church on Wentworth Road and along King and Gerrish Streets. Please do not park at the Hants Aquatic Centre.
3. Child care is available at a cost of $5 per family at the Community Centre from 8:30-10:00AM. This is run by trained Windsor Recreation staff members.
4. The race starts at 9AM sharp.
5. The new course is considerabley flatter but there are more turns. There will be a lead bike, course marshals at every intersection and chalked lines directing the runners but please familiarize yourself with the course map found on our facebook page and on site. Please follow marshals' directions for what side of the street to run on. There is one bridge crossing that requires all runners to be on the side walk. The roads are open to traffic but almost 2km of the course is on a paved trail around the lake. The finish area is closed to traffic.
6. There will be a water station at approximately 2.5km into the race.
7. The race is timed but not by chip so it will take a little longer to process results.
8. There are post race yummies inside the Community Centre. We hope to start awards/draw prizes at approximately 10:15AM.
9. There will be a FREE friends and family pool party at the Hants Aquatic Centre for everyone. Please join us for a swim or just to socialize.
10. Good luck and have fun!
Please email me with any questions at all. See you on Saturday, July 29th!!!!
ON-SITE REGISTRATION WILL BE AVAILABLE.
Run NS Member
Non Run NS
Thank you for registering for the 16th Annual Windsor 5k Fun Run!
Don't forget to let us know if you require childcare ($5/family payable upon check-in) and bring your swimming gear for the pool party from 11am-12pm.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions. See you July 29th!
July 29 8:00 AM ADT - Registration
July 29 8:30 AM ADT - Childcare
July 29 9:00 AM ADT - 5k Race
July 29 10:00 AM ADT - Awards
July 29 11:00 AM ADT - Free Pool Party