FGA Inaugural Honor Wounded Vets 5K Run/Walk & 1 Mile Stroll
Sunday, October 29, 9am
Due to flooding the event date has
Join us for the first annual Freedom Golf Association (FGA)
5K Run Walk to Honor Wounded Vets.
Freedom Golf Association (FGA) is dedicated to bringing joy and a sense of freedom to the special needs community through their inclusion in the game of golf.
- We believe that all special needs individuals deserve a chance to accomplish the same things as any others do and work towards bringing a positive transformation to their lives
- FGA contributes to the positive development of those with special needs through the magic of golf
Run, Walk or Wheelchair this amazing course through the wooded grounds on the McDonald's Campus in Oak Brook. Not up for the challenge of a 5K, we will also have a 1 Mile Stroll. Enjoy music, a putting/chipping contest and much more!
$35.00Jul 5 - Oct 25
There is no registration fee for walking in the event. Please keep in mind that the Honor Wounded Vets 5K Run/Walk is a fundraising event and all participants are encouraged to raise additional funds. Our goal is for each participant to raise $100 in support of our disabled veterans. Those who do will receive a Honor Wounded Vets t-shirt. Visit the following website (http://www.fgagolf.org/honor-wounded-vets-5k-runwalk.html) to create your own fundraising page and start collecting donations now! You can also drop donations off at the FGA office located at 3203 York Road in Oak Brook. We will also accept donations the day of the event.
FreeJul 5 - Oct 25
If you or your organization have sponsored the event, enter your individualized sponsor code to avoid the registration fee for your team.
FreeJul 5 - Oct 25
- October 27 10:00 AM CDT - Packet Pickup 10am-3pm FGA Office (3203 York Road, Oak Brook)
- October 27 3:00 PM CDT - End Packet Pickup at FGA Office
- October 29 7:45 AM CDT - Race Day Registration
- October 29 9:00 AM CDT - 5K
- October 29 9:15 AM CDT - 1 Mile Stroll