Join us on Saturday, November 11, 2017, for the
Dennis B. Chase Smile Walk for Optimism & Conservation
Hillman Marsh Conservation Area
Mersea Road 2, Leamington, ON
"We believe our Dad, Dennis Chase, had a personality so unique that anyone who had the privilege of knowing him, aspires to be the type of person he was at home, in the community, and at work." - The Chase Family
This annual walkathon has been created to support the incredible work of the Essex Region Conservation Authority (ERCA), in honor of a man who left the world a better place by nurturing personal relationships and working in an industry he took great pride in.
Dennis Chase was a man that had his priorities straight; he valued family above everything else and managed to face every situation with a gleam in his eye and a huge grin on his face.
It is important to the Chase Family that this annual walk creates a legacy of optimism and conservation ensuring that this corner of the world continues to be a bit brighter and greener than it was yesterday.
All proceeds from this event will support the efforts of the
Essex Region Conservation Foundation - Place for Life
ERCA is a family and Dennis was, and still is a big part of that amazing family.
In January 2013, two months after Dennis passed away, ERCA presented the first Dennis B. Chase Staff Award. It was noted at the 2013 AGM, that Dennis was one of the most beloved employees to ever work at ERCA and that during his long-time career, he had planted over a million trees and made countless contributions to the region`s conservation areas.
- 8-hour Walkathon at Hillman Marsh Conservation Area
- Family-Friendly, Team-Based Event; rotation of team members to ensure there is always someone walking from each team, throughout the 8 hours
- Registration fee: $10 per participant - You can register as an individual, create a team or join a team that has already been created!
- Teams are encouraged to pick an "Earthy" or "Happy" theme for their team and be creative in coordinating team colors and accessories.
- Complimentary Re-Fill Sports Bottle included with Registration.
- All participants are encouraged to raise a minimum of $100 each in order to reach our fundraising goal
- Prizes will be presented to the Top Fundraising Team as well as the Top Fundraising Individual.
- Event fundraising goal: $10,000.00 raised for the Essex Region Conservation Foundation - Place For Life
- Hot Dog Lunch will be available for purchase
- Please bring lawn chairs and a small cooler of snacks for yourself or your team.
- Water stations will be available for re-filling your complimentary sports bottle.
- Photobooth with props will be set up near Dennis' bench at the marsh, for participants to take photos and upload to our Facebook page!
- Craft tent will be set up for children and adults to participate in fun activities between walks!
Create a team, join a team, or walk alone in the form below!
CA$10.00Aug 1 - Nov 9
- November 11 6:30 AM EST - Walk-A-Thon Check-In/ Day-Of Registration
- November 11 7:30 AM EST - Opening Ceremonies
- November 11 8:00 AM EST - Walk-A-Thon Begins
- November 11 4:00 PM EST - Walk-A-Thon Concludes
- November 11 4:15 PM EST - Closing Remarks
- Karen Amlin, Event Organizer
- +1 519-999-2700