The Trailblaze Challenge is a one-day endurance event that gives participants the opportunity to hike a 20-mile journey along the terrain of the Olomana Trail, challenging themselves physically while raising much needed funds to grant the wishes of local keiki.
Included in the hike experience:
• Specialized training program including a workout calendar and weekly group hikes
• Training Clinics - topics include hiking shoes, socks and other trail essentials, hydration and nutrition, and cross training (when available)
• Support and coaching from experienced Hike Leaders and Make-A-Wish Hawaii staff
• Trailblaze Challenge duo-dry shirt for hike weekend
• Thursday night pasta party to carb-load before the big day
• Trail support at multiple locations throughout your journey, including hydration, snacks, first aid, and encouragement!
• Saturday evening post-hike celebration to share trail stories
|Dec 1 - Mar 9||$100.00|
|Dec 1 - Mar 9||Current price $100.00|
A wish experience can be a turning point for a child with a life-threatening medical condition. This one belief guides us in everything we do at Make-A-Wish® Hawaii. It inspires us to grant wishes that change the lives of the kids we serve. It compels us to be creative in exceeding the expectations of every wish kid. It drives us to make our donated resources go as far as possible.
Most of all, it's the founding principle of our vision to grant the wish of every eligible child.
Wishes are more than just a nice thing, they are a need to have a experience, and they are far more than gifts, or singular events in time. Wishes impact everyone involved - wish kids, wish families, volunteers, donors, sponsors, medical professionals and communities. The impact varies. For wish kids, just the act of making their wish come true can give them the courage to comply with their medical treatments. Parents might finally feel like they can be optimistic. And still others might realize all they have to offer the world through volunteer work or philanthropy.
Whatever the odds, whatever the obstacles ... wishes find a way to make the world better.
To begin your journey, you'll need to register for an information meeting. These meetings are designed to inform you about the mission of Make-A-Wish and describe in-detail the weekend-long hike event. Meetings will be held in January to share more details about the journey. Please join us for our first info meeting on:
Monday, January 29th, 2018 5:30pm
Boca Hawaii 330 Cooke Street Honolulu, HI 96813
Each trailblazer will be asked to raise a minimum amount of funds* to help Make-A-Wish Hawaii continue its mission to grant the wishes of children with critical illnesses.
*A $100 personal donation is required at the time of registration and will be credited toward your fundraising goal.
March 8 5:00 PM HST - Pre-Event Dinner
March 10 5:00 AM HST - Challenge Start
March 10 7:00 PM HST - Post-Challenge Pau Hana
(808) 537-3118 x108.