Run Calgary and The Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra are collaborating by colliding the wonderful worlds of music and run. Lace up in support of the CPO in a new fun event to Calgary, as seen in cities around the world. Challenge yourself to finish a 8 km race, in a 4 km looped course along the beautiful Bow River, before the orchestra completes 50 minutes of Beethoven's best music. Finishers receive a custom Beat Beethoven wine glass, wine stopper finishers' medal and a complimentary Champagne Taittinger (or sparkling water!) under the big white tent at Fort Calgary. Enjoy a light dinner and concert by CPO highlighting their upcoming season. Friends and family can enjoy the free outdoor concert and entry to the tent will be by donation to CPO for those without a bib. You must be 18 to participate in this event.
The fees are higher than your regular fun run because this is not a typical race. Enjoy an elevated run experience with dinner and live music by a professional 48-person orchestra.
Not to mention, the swag will put your other medals to shame!
Beat Beethoven is a fundraising event for the registered charity, CPO. Net proceeds from the event, t-shirt sales and all donations will be earmarked for PhilKids. PhilKids is designed to fuel and support the empowerment of children through the exploration of music. It offers elementary students the opportunity to learn directly from musicians of the CPO.
Learn more about PhilKids in this 2-minute video
Package Pick Up:
Your bib and package pickup will be at the East Village Experience Centre (553 Riverfront Ave. SE) at the following times:
Tuesday Sept 11 from 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Wednesday Sept 12 from 10:30 pm to 6:30 PM
**All fees associated with race registration are non-refundable and non-transferable to another participant, and the sale or transfer of a bib will result in disqualification.**
****2018 RESULTS CAN BE FOUND HERE****
CA$75.00Nov 15 – May 31
CA$85.00Jun 1 – Aug 1
CA$95.00Aug 2 – Sep 11
- September 11 12:00 PM MDT - Package Pick Up Day 1 Opens
- September 11 8:00 PM MDT - Package Pick Up Day 1 Closes
- September 12 10:30 AM MDT - Package Pick Up Day 2 Opens
- September 12 6:30 PM MDT - Package Pick Up Day 2 Closes
- September 13 5:00 PM MDT - Riverwalk Start Area and; Bag Check Opens
- September 13 6:30 PM MDT - Beat Beethoven Begins
- September 13 7:20 PM MDT - CPO completes 50 Minutes of Beethoven's best music
- September 13 7:40 PM MDT - CPO plays 50 minutes of highlights from 2018 season
- September 13 8:30 PM MDT - Last call for wine gardens
- September 13 8:30 PM MDT - CPO finishes playing
- Event contact
- Maureen MacDonald
- +1 403-264-2996