4th Pancake Mile
Saturday April 7, 2018 9:00 a.m.
Elmira District Secondary School, Elmira, ON
Online Registration has closed. You can still register on race day at Elmira District Secondary School from 8:15 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
What is a Pancake Mile?
Just eat a pancake, run a quarter mile. X4.
Event capped at 120 entrants. "Winged Pancake" t-shirt to all participants in timed and untimed events.
Delicious certified 50g Pancakes and optional Maple Syrup!
Explore all historical results and records at results.runwaterloo.com
Read the 2017 event recap
Held in conjunction with the Elmira Maple Syrup Festival
The Elmira Maple Syrup Festival is a local food festival that has been a pillar of the community for over a half century. Recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records as the World’s Largest Single Day Maple Syrup Festival when 66,529 people attended in 2000. Attracting even more people today, this festival has reached attendance levels close to 80,000.
Join us for a fun day in Elmira on April 7!
Individual. Price includes tax and four pancakes. Maple syrup optional.
Individual. Untimed. Price includes tax and four pancakes. Maple syrup optional.
This event is part of Run Waterloo's Run Plus series.
These events are truly running events, but with a twist. Whether it's pancakes, colour or a Santa suit, this plus experience makes these runs fun and fresh.
Explore all Run Plus events.
REGISTRATION POLICY: All entries are non-refundable, non-transferable, and non-deferrable. There are no exceptions once a person has registered.
REGISTRATION limited to 120 participants (20 per timed heat and 40 Just for FUN).
Mail in: To 2 Weberlyn Crescent, Conestogo N0B 1N0 by Tuesday April 3 at 5:00 p.m.
Drop off: At Runners’ Choice, 55 Erb St E, Waterloo by Tuesday April 3 at 5:00 p.m.
Online: Right here at www.RaceRoster.com by Friday April 6 at noon.
Race day entry fee is $25.
RACE DAY - REGISTRATION AND KIT PICKUP
Will take place at Elmira District Secondary School from 8:15 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
The Pancake Mile will be held outdoors.
After the Pancake Mile, be sure to enjoy your day at EMSF. Check out the stack of events in the Woolwich Memorial Centre!
The arena is a 1 minute walk from the Pancake Mile.
1. Each competitor must eat four standard* pancakes and run four 400m laps, ideally on a track.
2. The entire pancake must be consumed** before you start running, within the transition area which is the 10 meter zone after the start/finish line on a certified 400m track or equivalent.
3. The race begins with the first pancake in the participant's hand, at the start line.
4. A standard pancake shall weigh at least 50 grams, and each pancake shall weigh at least 50 grams. Maple syrup is optional and can be added to the pancake after the weighing, but will add additional weight to the pancake.
5. Competitors who vomit before they finish the race must complete one penalty lap (400m) at the end of the race (immediately after the completion of their 4th lap). Note: Vomiting more than once during the race still requires only one penalty lap at the end.
6. The Race Director reserves the right to to disqualify any participant who does not comply with the "spirit of the event". In all disputes, the Race Director's decision will be final.
* A standard pancake shall weigh at least 50 grams, and each pancake shall weigh at least 50 grams. Maple syrup is optional and will add additional weight to the pancake.
** Officials will ensure that the entire pancake is consumed before the next lap is commenced.
Just for Fun
April 7 9:00 AM EDT - Wave 1 (>10:00)
April 7 9:30 AM EDT - Wave 2 (<10:00)
April 7 10:00 AM EDT - Wave 3 (<8:00b)
April 7 10:30 AM EDT - Wave 4 (<8:00a)
April 7 10:45 AM EDT - Winner presentation
April 7 11:00 AM EDT - Just for FUN! (untimed)
Lloyd Schmidt, Pancake Mile Race Director