Cheyenne Mountain Zoo invites world-class runners and families alike to Run to the Shrine on Saturday, May 19, 2018. The 4-mile (~6.4K) course curves through the Zoo, up to the Shrine of the Sun and back down into the Zoo, providing some of the most stunning views in the Pikes Peak region. The race concludes with a party at Lodge at Moose Lake!
Run to the Shrine is a great opportunity for competitive racers and casual walkers to show their support for the Zoo, which is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that receives no tax support. We rely on our admissions, memberships, donations and events like this to keep the Zoo “running” and support our many conservation efforts and education programs.
Run to the Shrine also offers the only opportunity all year to travel Shrine Road by foot!
Your entry fee includes:
- a commemorative Run to the Shrine performance T-shirt with our 2018 mascot, Amur tiger Chewy, featured on the front (women's sizes available, while supplies last)
- chip timing for all runners/walkers;
- entry to the Post-Race Expo following the race;
- a chance to take home a one-of-a-kind poo medal, awarded to 1st-, 2nd- and 3rd-place finishers for both men and women;
- AND admission to the Zoo for the rest of race day (up to a $19.75 value for non-members)!
*The Shrine is not open during the race because we need participants to complete the race in our allotted time for the road closure. With your race registration, however, you receive complimentary Zoo admission for the rest of the day, which also includes admission to the Shrine. Feel free to drive up after the road reopens to vehicle traffic and spend as much time as you like! Cars are allowed to drive up until 4 p.m.
All fees are non-refundable. Run to the Shrine will go on as scheduled rain or shine, so please come prepared.
Make your support of the Zoo go even further! Ask your friends and family to join you in the support of Cheyenne Mountain Zoo by giving a donation. All donations will support important programs like:
- the care and enrichment of our animals,
- on-grounds breeding of endangered species like black-footed ferrets and Wyoming toads,
- conservation projects around the world, and
- education programs to foster a love of wildlife in our local youth.
When you raise $100 or more to support Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, you’ll receive a FREE GIFT, recognizing your commitment to the Zoo and conservation of wildlife. Choose among the following:
- Long-sleeve performance shirt
- Insulated water bottle
- Bamboo utensil set
You'll be given more details and instructions on inviting your friends and family to pledge after you register.
Discounted member pricing: adult $35 / senior $25 / youth $25 / child $15. Discount will register at checkout automatically.
$30.00Jan 30 – Feb 14
$35.00Feb 15 – May 13
$50.00May 14 – May 16
Non-member pricing: adult $45 / senior $35 / youth $35 / child $20. Discount will register at checkout automatically
$40.00Jan 30 – Feb 14
$45.00Feb 15 – May 13
$50.00May 14 – May 16
- May 19 7:30 AM MDT - Registration Opens
- May 19 8:15 AM MDT - Registration and Packet Pick-up Ends
- May 19 8:30 AM MDT - Race Starts
- May 19 8:30 AM MDT - Post-Event Celebration Begins, Lodge at Moose Lake
- May 19 11:00 AM MDT - Post-Event Celebration Ends, Lodge at Moose Lake