Raise money for School on Wheels
Since 2001, School on Wheels’ mission has been to provide one-on-one tutoring and educational advocacy for school-aged children experiencing homelessness. We equip these children with the educational tools necessary to achieve success in life and break the cycle of homelessness through two key programs: Tutors in Action and Ignite Learning. Through Tutors in Action we use nearly 400 volunteer tutors, and partner with nine shelter locations and four public schools to provide academic intervention programs to students in grades K – 12 up to four times each week. Ignite Learning is our program dedicated to engaging the parents of these students, helping them become the best advocates for their child’s education. Our programs work together to create a web of support for the homeless children and families in Indianapolis, connecting teachers, schools and service partners to meet the academic needs of those children who need it most.
- $20 provides one week of snacks for School on Wheels students at one partner location.
- $50 provides a backpack full of necessary school supplies to a School on Wheels student. All students in the program receive a backpack so that they have the same educational materials as their non-homeless peers.
- $100 provides 2 complete school uniforms to each student in our program. Lack of a uniform can mean the difference between attending school or staying home.
- $250 makes a parent workshop possible. Parent workshops provided by School on Wheels empower the parents of the children we serve so they can be the best advocates for their child’s education.
- $500 provides summer enrichment programming to a student through It’s a WRAP!, School on Wheels’ program that helps combat summer learning loss for children living at Salvation Army Barton Center.
- $1,000 underwrites a full year of School on Wheels tutoring and educational advocacy for an Indianapolis child experiencing homelessness.
Click on one of our teams below to make a donation.
|Jun 11||Beth Amy||$27.65|
|Jun 10||Anonymous||Undisclosed amount|
|Jun 06||James Patton||$27.65|
|Jun 05||Nancy Bell||$6.26|
|May 31||Anonymous||Undisclosed amount|