2018 MOMAR TRAINING CLINICS
MOMAR 101 - NAVIGATING THE MOMAR
Navigating the MOMAR is for the new Adventure Racer who would like a comprehensive introduction to adventure racing and the navigation skills needed to successfully complete a MOMAR race and other shorter adventure races. This course focuses on navigation. This one day course is easy enough for beginning racers, and challenging enough for those who want to polish more advanced racing and navigation skills. Be prepared for plenty of inside racing tips specific to the MOMAR.
MOMAR 201 - ADVANCED NAVIGATION:
This clinic is for those who have a solid understanding of basic orienteering and navigation skills, but want to elevate your abilities to the next level. In this course, you will learn how to make route decisions faster, be precise in honing in on a checkpoint, and how to quickly get "back on your map" when you make a mistake. This course will also introduce tips on how to race more efficiently and how to ensure positive team dynamics. Limited to 8 participants per clinic; minimum 4 participants required for the clinic to go.
9:00am - 1:00pm - Cowichan Valley | Instructor: John Barron
1. Online Registration will close 2 days before each event.
2. Registration Fee's are subject to 5% GST.
3. There is a processing fee for registering online. This can be found under Pricing.
4. Payable in Canadian funds.
5. VISA, MC, Amex, and Discover Card accepted
6. Your credit card statement will show a charge from "Race Roster" for your registration into this event.
May 26 1:00 PM PDT - MOMAR 101 - Cumberland
June 16 9:00 AM PDT - MOMAR 101 - Victoria
August 18 9:00 AM PDT - MOMAR 101 - Victoria