Laketown Distance Festival ( 10 Mile, 10K , 5K )
When: Saturday, December 29, 2018
Where: Kenner lakefront ( Event site is located on Lake Pontchartrain at the end of Williams Blvd., just west of the Kenner Boat Launch and the Treasure Chest Casino.
The Kenner - Lakefront jogging pathway offers an excellent location for multi distance run/walk events.
7:00 am - Race day packet pickup and Race day registration opens at
8:00 am - Start of all run/walk events ( * 7:30 am - Early start in 10 miler for race walkers pending entries )
* CHIP TIMED races, please wear race number bib on front only.
The Laketown 10 Mile, 10K and 5K distance events offer excellent and economic training opportunities in a quality race environment great for the many upcoming late 2018 and early 2019 Marathon & Half-Marathons that take place in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Jackson, Mobile, Mississippi Gulf Coast, Memphis and beyond. --- ALL OVER THE WORLD... !
Proceeds benefit Rotary Club of Kenner community service projects.
* There is an additional donation section in the registration process to further benefit the Rotary Club's ongoing projects
* Pancake breakfast hosted by the Rotary Club of Kenner ( See photo of our pancake cooking krewe above ) !
* USATF-RRTC accurate certified 10 Mile course , aid stations on course. Nice lakefront jogging path ( all paved )
* Custom Finisher awards in all three distances ( Champagne type glassware to bring in the New Year . !! )
* Overall division awards in each distance
* T-Shirts ( Short sleeve for general entry or Long sleeve tech fabric UPGRADE option available )
More details below in T-shirt - Swag info .
NOTE: T-shirt upgrade option ( LONG SLEEVE TECH SHIRT ) includes only the upgraded type shirt, not both general entry and upgraded t-shirt.
* Plenty of parking nearby at Lakefront Parking lots by the race site and on other side of the levee next to the Pontchartrain Center.
ENTRY FEES: * Reasonable for middle to long distance races ( compare to half-marathon fees upwards of $50.00 to over $100.00 )
10 Mile: $25.00 by Sept 30th, $30.00 by Nov. 27th , $35.00 by December 23rd, $40.00 Day of race
10K & 5K: $25.00 by Sept 30th, $30.00 by Dec 23rd, $35.00 Day of Race
5K Youth ( age 17 & under ) or 5K Senior ( Age 65-over ) $20.00 by Dec 23rd , $25.00 on day of race
* Proof of age required at packet / race number bib pickup.
T-Shirt UPGRADE: Tech fabric Long sleeve shirt ( $5.00 upgrade fee ) -- Leslie Jordan brand, Marquis mesh is 100% polyester, moisture wicking, technical fabric, light weight, airy, super confortable and fast to dry . ! ( a retail $30.00 plus shirt ) -- * Deadline for shirt upgrade is December 1st. Upgrade option includes only the upgraded type t-shirt, not both the general registration t-shirt and the upgraded tech t-shirt.
Packet Pickup info: ( pre-race day, when , where to be posted at later date )
Awards: * Custom printed Champagne style glass to all finishers in each race event. Get ready to bring in the New Year.. ! ( in a few days )
Overall Division awards: 1st Open, Masters, Grand Masters, Senior, Youth , Race Walker in the each distance event
( In the 5K we will present awards for Legends and Ancients Divisions )
Course ( s ) Out and back on the Lake Pontchartrain lakefront paved jogging pathway. Numerous aide stations on course ( Kentwood Water, Powerade, port-o-let placed nearby ) well marked, accurate and maintained course.
Post race refreshments: Featuring a Pancake breakfast courtesy of the Rotary Club of Kenner.
Beer, Elmer's Chee Wees, Fruit, Krispy Kreme donuts
Event information, questions: Contact the Race Director ( Chuck George )
Event is owned and produced by New Orleans Running Systems Road Race Management ( NORSI )
Kenner Rotarians at Work ( delivering school supplies, cooking at Ronald McDonald house and more )
December 29 7:00 AM CST - Race Day Packet Pickup opens
December 29 7:00 AM CST - Race Day Registration opens
December 29 8:00 AM CST - 10 Mile, 10K, 5K Start