Online registration is closed. Race day registration is available ($275 Duathlon, $250 Swim-Only, $300 Relay) You can read the race day details online here.
Prepare yourself for the 39th Annual Alcatraz XXXIX “Escape from the Rock” Duathlon. The course combines the original swim from Alcatraz with an 7 mile run to Fort Point and back to Aquatic Park. You have heard the stories, you’ve seen the movies, you know the infamous inmates, but NOW it’s your turn to make history on the ESCAPE course! As the tourists ferry to the island, you’ll be swimming away as you make the ULTIMATE ESCAPE! The event is limited, so don’t wait to register!
- August 10 6:45 AM PDT - Athlete Check-in and Transition Set-up.
- August 10 8:00 AM PDT - Pre-race Announcements
- August 10 8:10 AM PDT - Athletes Parade to the Ferry
- August 10 8:40 AM PDT - Ferry Departs from Pier 41
- August 10 9:15 AM PDT - Race Starts (approximately at this time)
- August 10 12:10 PM PDT - Age Group Winners Announced