The Wild Run, formerly the 'Gorilla Run', now in its 15th year, was established in 2004 to raise funds for Mountain Gorillas and other endangered species.
Over the last 13 years the race/relay has donated close to $100,000 dollars to wild animals threatened with extinction and Run Calgary is pledging to continue our fundraising efforts for conservation.
Please join us again as we run in and around the zoo on Sunday Sept 29th – 8am, for the annual ‘Race For Conservation’!
Package Pick Up:
Your bib and package pickup will be at the Eau Claire Running Room (200 Barclay Parade) at the following times:
Friday Sept 27 from 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Saturday Sept 28 from 10:30 pm to 6:00 PM
**All fees associated with race registration are non-refundable and non-transferable to another participant, and the sale or transfer of a bib will result in disqualification.**
Relay Join a Team (Team Password Required) Closed
Use this to add additional team members.
FreeNov. 2 - Sep. 28
Youth Relay Team Captain Closed
Children 12 and under should be accompanied by an adult on course. Maximum age 16.
$125.00Nov. 2 - Sep. 28
Adult Relay Team Captain ClosedOnline registration closed
You must have two people to start a team
$155.00Nov. 2 – May 30
$165.00May 31 – Aug. 17
$175.00Aug. 18 – Sep. 28
Solo 10 Mile ClosedOnline registration closed
$55.00Nov. 2 – May 30
$65.00May 31 – Aug. 17
$75.00Aug. 18 – Sep. 28
Youth/Adult Relay Mixed Team Captain ClosedOnline registration closed
Team must have at least one youth member.
$135.00Nov. 2 – May 30
$145.00May 31 – Aug. 17
$155.00Aug. 18 – Sep. 28
Entry Fee includes
- Custom toque.
- Custom finishers' medal.
- Personalized race bib.
- Post race celebration in the Calgary Zoo event tent and an optional staff priced breakfast.
- Chip timed event.
- Opportunity to help support animal conservation.
- Raise $250 - get an annual connect pass worth $65.
- Please note, registration fee does NOT include race day parking.
GST and Processing Fee
Please note that each participant will be charged a processing fee of $5.50 plus 5% GST tax in addition to the race entry fee.
Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- No day of race registration, bib pickup or race changes. No refunds, transfers, medical comps or deferrals under any circumstances.
- September 27 12:00 p.m. MDT - Package Pick Up Day 1 Opens - Eau Claire Running Room
- September 27 8:00 p.m. MDT - Package Pick Up Day 1 Closes - Eau Claire Running Room
- September 28 10:30 a.m. MDT - Package Pick Up Day 2 Opens - Eau Claire Running Room
- September 28 6:00 p.m. MDT - Package Pick Up Day 2 Closes - Eau Claire Running Room
- September 29 7:50 a.m. MDT - Solo Race Start Time - St Patrick's Island
- September 29 8:00 a.m. MDT - Relay Race Start Time - St Patrick's Island
- September 29 11:00 a.m. MDT - Awards and Prizing - Calgary Zoo Event Tent
- Event contact
- Maureen Macdonald
- +1 403-264-2996
- Visit website