USA Triathlon has developed an indoor triathlon program called Tri60 to introduce individuals to the sport of triathlon at a grassroots level. This is your chance to be exposed to the sport of triathlon in a one hour, non-threatening setting and with a built-in support system that drives the concept that 'anyone can be a triathlete'! The YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region and The Sports Corp are partnering to offer this event as a part of the 2019 Rocky Mountain State Games!
All registered athletes will receive an exclusive USA Triathlon drawstring backpack which includes: a finisher medal, swim cap, swim goggles (adult size), personal training plan/calendar and much more! Goody bag is valued at well over $35!
Competition Rules and Format: The event in total is one hour and 15 minutes and will follow the event structure outlined below for each age division. The name USATri60 was derived from 60 minutes of exercise (10 minute swim, 30 minute bike, 20 minute run). The additional 15 minutes is transition time between swim to bike and bike to run. For additional information on the USATri60 program and for frequently asked questions, please click here. To find out about training opportunities at your local YMCA, please contact RMSG Indoor Triathlon Commissioner Lindsey Leiker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Age Categories: 7-12 (youth division), 13-17, 18+, 50+ (age as of 12/31/2018)
- Indoor Pool
- 10 minute swim (5 minutes for youth division)
- Any stroke may be used to include walking
- No life jackets, floaties, paddleboards, or outside assistance permitted
- Volunteers will be there to count swim lengths
- Stationary/Spin bikes
- 30-minute bike ride (15 minutes for youth division)
- Participants may adjust the resistance to any desired level
- Volunteers will be there to record participants distance biked
- 20-minute run/jog/walk (10 minutes for youth division)
- All treadmills shall be set on a 0% incline; participant may be adjusted to any desired level
- Athletes may also choose their speed
- Volunteers will be there to record their distance covered
- Transition Area
- When moving from swim, to bike, to run, the locker room shall serve as the athlete's transition area
- T1 (swim to bike) will be 10 minutes, T2 (bike to run) will be 5 minutes
Note: An active USA Triathlon membership is required. Athletes can either show proof of an active annual membership or purchase a one-day membership during online registration. Cost of a one-day race license for this event is $15 for adults. Annual memberships can also be purchased on-site for adult ($50) and youth ($10). There is no one-day option for youth so the annual membership for $10 must be purchased for non-members.
**The YMCA, USAT and RMSG has a no refund policy.
The Garden Ranch YMCA is now offering a training program! Check out the info below and contact Sarah Mullica at email@example.com to register for the Couch to Tri60 program!
$20.00Jan 21 - Jul 24
YMCA Non Member
$30.00Jan 21 - Jul 24
- July 28 7:15 AM MDT - Packet Pickup
- July 28 8:00 AM MDT - USATri60
- Lindsey Leiker
- +1 303-919-7269