Stand Tall! Nova Vita Domestic Violence Prevention Services is excited to announce our 9th annual Heels to Heal Walk in support of the over 1,000 individuals we serve every year. Join us on Sunday, June 9, 2019 in Brantford’s Harmony Square, and stand tall in your red heels or your red shoes against domestic violence. This is our largest event of the year, both in raising awareness and financial support.
Can YOU walk a “Canadian mile” in these shoes? Keeping with the history of our walk, formerly Men In Heels, we have red high heels available in men’s sizes 8 to 16, for our participants to complete the wobbly 1 km walk through the heart of our downtown. Wear our shoes or bring your own, and join us as we all walk TOGETHER to raise essential funding for Nova Vita and to help send the message that domestic violence is never OK!
Domestic violence is a serious epidemic in our community. Brantford is currently ranked 2nd in Ontario and 6th in all of Canada for police reported incidents of domestic violence. We at Nova Vita, see every day how exposure to domestic violence impacts individuals and families, and we work diligently to provide safe shelter, crisis support, individual and group counselling to everyone in our community. But we can’t do it alone. We Need Your Help! Last year alone, we had:
- 5,074 calls to our crisis support line
- 112 women and 91 children live at Nova Vita
- 3 babies born at Nova Vita
- 293 women access our transitional support housing and program
- 212 women in the community access individual and group counselling
- 140 children who witnessed domestic violence receive counselling
- 412 men access individual and group counselling
We need MEN and people of all ages and gender, to help raise funds and awareness to end domestic violence in our community. Rally your friends, family and colleagues, challenge a competitor, and start your campaign to help spread the word that domestic violence is never OK!
- Register to walk! Register online here, or download registration and pledge forms at www.novavita.org.
- Create a team! Invite your coworkers, friends or family and come together to support Nova Vita. Set a goal to win the Top Fundraising Team or Best Team Spirit Award!
- Become a sponsor! Highlight your business, and show our community that you stand tall with Nova Vita against domestic violence through sponsorship and swag donations.
Together we can make a difference.Together we can stand tall.Together we can help more people live a life free of violence.
Thank you to our HOPE Sponsors:
Thank you to our HELP Sponsors:
Thank you to our official refreshment sponsors and to everyone who is
helping to make a difference for Nova Vita:
Brantford Fire Department
Brantford Pipes and Drums
Brantford Super Girl
Waterford Cheerleading Club
Walk in red high heel shoes to stand tall, together, against domestic violence.
FreeApr. 8 - Jun. 9
|1||Brantford Police Services Board||$300.00|
|2||Kyle Mc keen||$215.65|
Nova Vita HeelersRaised:
- June 9 6:00 a.m. EDT - Online Registration Closes
- June 9 12:30 p.m. EDT - Walker Check-In and Family Fun Activities
- June 9 1:45 p.m. EDT - Opening Ceremonies
- June 9 2:00 p.m. EDT - Walk-the-Walk
- June 9 2:15 p.m. EDT - Refreshments, Awards & Announcements
- June 30 12:00 a.m. EDT - Pledge to Nova Vita Heels to Heal Walk Close