Have you ever participated in a Beer/Root Beer 1 Mile Relay Race? Here is your opportunity and all the proceeds will benefit the Blaine Thompson Memorial Scholarship Fund and the Pink Boots Society –Las Vegas Chapter!
Event details and schedule
- Where is the race? The run will start and finish in front of Lovelady Brewing Company 20 S Water St. Henderson, Nevada.
- How much is the registration? The registration fee is $80 a team ($20 per person); $100 a team the day of the event ($25 per person).
- Can I bring my dog? Only service animals will be allowed at the event.
- If I can’t make the event, can I get my money back? Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. If you can’t make the event, your shirt will not be mailed to you.
- What is the minimum age requirement? To participate, all runners/walkers must be at least 6 years old.
- Can minors be on my team? Can someone who does not drink alcohol be on my team? Yes. ALL runners will be checked in prior to the event. Anyone who has an ID showing they are 21 years or older will receive a wristband. Runners with wristbands can make a choice to drink a beer or root beer. Runners without a wristband will receive a root beer – no exceptions.
- Can I push a stroller in the run? No. For safety reasons, strollers will not be allowed on the race course.
- Can I participate with less than four people? What if someone on my team doesn’t show up? All teams must have four participants. If your team has less than four people on the day of the event, please find a replacement in order to participate. Each participant can only complete ONE leg of the relay.
- Do I have to run? No! The relay is designed to be a fun event with friends and all participants can choose whether they walk or run. If you choose to walk, please be courteous and move to the side as runners approach and let them have the right of way.
- If I want to celebrate after the event, where should I go? As one of our major race sponsors, please visit Lovelady Brewing. Remember, Juan’s Flaming Fajitas, another race sponsor, will deliver your food here!
- Where does the money go? All proceeds benefit the Blaine Thompson Memorial Scholarship at Green Valley High School and the Pink Boots Society –Las Vegas Chapter. Blaine Thompson was a teacher and cross country/track coach for GVHS and passed away in 2015 after battling pancreatic cancer. Two scholarships were started in his memory and are awarded each spring to deserving high school seniors. Please contact Kelly Wagner at email@example.com for any additional information. Pink Boots Society is a national organization whose mission is to “assist, inspire, and encourage women beer professionals through education”. The Las Vegas Chapter was start just this year! Please contact Amanda Koeller at firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional information.
Register by 10/22/2019 to be guaranteed a shirt in your requested size.
$20.00Jul 1 - Nov 8
- Event contact
- Linda Lovelady