This World OCR Level 1 Coaching Course is for USAOCR coach development and is held at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs.
This qualification is an introduction to coaching obstacle sports and OCR. It provides the principles and practices of safe and ethical coaching of obstacle sports sessions to youth, junior and adult recreational athletes and groups.
The World OCR coaching system is a competency based programme, where coaches are taught, supported and assessed to ensure they are competent to hold the qualification. This system focuses on knowledge, skills and how to deliver them to students.
World OCR courses maximize candidate involvement through group activities, discussions, personal reflections and practical application.
The general format of World OCR coach education is academic, classroom based modules, followed by hands on application of each module. This provides the link between theory and applied coaching practice. The instructor becomes a guide who integrates the knowledge and experience of the coaches with the course content.
All training camps include:
- Tour of the Olympic Training Center
- Three full days of coach development (24 hours) and training (8 hours)
- Obstacle techniques, laser shooting, training and racing
- Running, technique, injury prevention, evaluation and treatment
- Nutrition for racing, training and recovery
- Strength and functional training
- Sports psychology and physiology
- Expert instruction from Olympic coaches and world champion athletes
- Three nights accommodation at the Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center
- Full meal plan in the training center dining hall, Thursday through Sunday
- Access to specific Olympic training facilities
- Access to the Team USA Shop
- Transport during the camp
$997.00Jun 16 - Jul 19
- August 15 12:00 PM MDT - Training center check-in open / lunch
- August 15 3:00 PM MDT - Welcome and Introductions
- August 15 4:00 PM MDT - Overview, training centre tour
- August 15 6:00 PM MDT - Dinner
- August 16 6:00 AM MDT - Morning sessions
- August 16 12:00 PM MDT - Lunch
- August 16 1:00 PM MDT - Afternoon sessions
- August 16 7:00 PM MDT - Dinner
- August 17 6:00 AM MDT - Morning sessions
- August 17 12:00 PM MDT - Lunch
- August 17 1:00 PM MDT - Afternoon sessions
- August 17 7:00 PM MDT - Dinner
- August 18 6:00 AM MDT - Morning sessions
- August 18 12:00 PM MDT - Lunch
- August 18 1:00 PM MDT - Use of training center and departures