Join us on Saturday, November 9th, 2019, for the
Dennis B. Chase Smile Walk for Optimism & Conservation
Hillman Marsh Conservation Area
Mersea Road 2, Leamington, ON
(Scroll to bottom of the page for EVENT SCHEDULE)
"We believe our Dad, Dennis Chase, had a personality so unique that anyone who had the privilege of knowing him, aspires to be the type of person he was at home, in the community, and at work." - The Chase Family
This annual walk has been created to support the incredible work of the Essex Region Conservation Authority (ERCA), in honor of a man who left the world a better place by nurturing personal relationships and working in an industry he took great pride in.
Dennis Chase was a man that had his priorities straight; he valued family above everything else and managed to face every situation with a gleam in his eye and a huge grin on his face.
It is important to the Chase Family that this annual walk creates a legacy of optimism and conservation ensuring that this corner of the world continues to be a bit brighter and greener than it was yesterday.
All proceeds from this event will support the efforts of the
Essex Region Conservation Foundation - Place for Life
ERCA is a family and Dennis was, and still is a big part of that amazing family.
In January 2013, two months after Dennis passed away, ERCA presented the first Dennis B. Chase Staff Award. It was noted at the 2013 AGM, that Dennis was one of the most beloved employees to ever work at ERCA and that during his long-time career, he had planted over a million trees and made countless contributions to the region`s conservation areas.
- A crisp, beautiful walk at Hillman Marsh Conservation Area
- Registration at 8:30am
- Opening Ceremonies & Award Presentaion at 9:00 - Walking the trail from 9:30am - 11:30am - The whole trail is approximate 5km and will be marked by signs every 1/2 KM. You can walk as little or as much as you'd like during the 2.5 hours.
- Family-Friendly, Individual or Team-Based Event - open to walking the trail any time between 9:30 and 11:30am
- Registration fee: $10 per participant - You can register as an individual, create a team or join a team that has already been created!
- Teams are encouraged to pick an "Earthy" or "Happy" theme for their team and be creative in coordinating team colors and accessories.
- Complimentary Re-Fill Sports Bottle included with Registration.
- All participants are encouraged to raise a minimum of $100 each in order to reach our fundraising goal
- Prizes will be presented to the Top Fundraising Team as well as the Top Fundraising Individual.
- Event fundraising goal: $10,000.00 raised for the Essex Region Conservation Foundation - Place For Life
- Hot Dog Lunch will be served from 11 - noon.
- Water stations will be available for re-filling your complimentary sports bottle.
- Complimentary Hot chocolate, Coffee and Tea will also be on site
- Please bring lawn chairs and a small cooler of snacks for yourself or your team.
- Photobooth with props for participants to take photos and upload to our Facebook page!
- Craft area will be set up for children and adults to participate in fun activities.
Create a team, join a team, or walk alone in the form below!
CA$10.00Oct 1 - Nov 9
- Sat, November 9, 2019 8:30 AM - Walk-A-Thon Check-In/ Day-Of Registration
- Sat, November 9, 2019 9:00 AM - Opening Ceremonies
- Sat, November 9, 2019 9:30 AM - Walk-A-Thon Begins
- Sat, November 9, 2019 11:30 AM - Walk-A-Thon Concludes
- Sat, November 9, 2019 11:31 AM - Lunch & Closing
- Sat, November 9, 2019 12:00 PM - END
- Event contact
- Karen Amlin, Event Organizer
- +1 519-999-2700