COVID-19 Update (3/16/2020): Based on the latest developments, this race has been cancelled (except for the virtual/remote option). All participants have been e-mailed.
COVID-19 Update (3/11/2020): As of today, East Bay Regional Parks District has confirmed this event can still take place. Things are very hard to predict right now and changes are possible. If there are any updates on the status of the event, we will post them immediately and e-mail all participants.
We are offering the virtual race option to anyone who wishes to transfer to it. If you are taking that option, please e-mail and let us know and we will get that mail out. With this option, you will receive your race materials in the mail and do your run at your choice of venue and time.
Our race cancellation policy can be found here.
For those coming to the race, you will see a focus on single-serve items at aid stations and at the finish line. Refill of water bottles and cups will be done by volunteers with gloves and hand sanitizer will be out and available to all runners, should anyone wish to use that. There will be no shared scoops, tongs or similar items. This may slightly limit the number of options available to runners. If there is any item you can't possibly run without, you'll want to make sure you are carrying that with you.
We would expect that everyone is already aware of the best practices, but these are the recommendations local health officials have asked us to remind event participants of:
- If you are feeling ill, do not come to the event.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, alcohol-based hand sanitizer can be used.
- Avoid close contact with other people, including handshakes.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover any cough or sneeze with a tissue - if available - or into the elbow.
Used in the 1800s to transport gravel for the construction of the western section of the Transcontinental Railroad, the Western Pacific Trail now forms a part of this mostly-flat course where you can haul in a personal best! The marathon course is now USATF certified and can be used to qualify for races like the Boston Marathon!
In addition to the marathon distance, half marathon, 10K and 5K races will also take place.
$40.00May 13 – Apr 6
$45.00Now registering Apr 7 – Apr 24
- April 25 7:30 AM PDT - Marathon Starts
- April 25 8:00 AM PDT - Half Marathon Starts
- April 25 8:30 AM PDT - 10K Starts
- April 25 8:45 AM PDT - 5K Starts