Our Team Challenge encourages co-workers, church members, families, fitness groups, and schools to unite in support of healthy living, another important YMCA focus. Corporate, Community, and School Team Captains recruit employees, family and friends to join their Run! Ballantyne team and earn participation and volunteer points for their team during this challenge. Team Captains are influential ambassadors for our race and will communicate important team-related information to team members.
NOTE: Teams have a separate Packet Pickup process than individuals. Please review our Packet Pickups tab for more details.
Community Team Division
Corporate Team Division
|Division 1||1-25 local employees|
|Division 2||26-99 local employees|
|Division 3||100+ local employees|
School Team Division
|Division 1||Elementary School Teams|
|Division 2||Middle School Teams|
|Division 3||High School Teams|
Top Team Participation
The top three teams from each division will receive an award and be recognized as the most impactful Run! Ballantyne team in support of the YMCA Annual Campaign. Teams are eligible for team participation awards after meeting the 5 participant team minimum.
How team participation points are tallied:
- 10 Points for each participant above the 5 participant minimum in our 8k & 5k races
- 5 Points for each participant above the 5 participant minimum in our Fun Run
- 5 Points will be awarded for each Volunteer from your team
Fastest Overall Team
The average time from the fastest three 5K team members from each team will be considered for Fastest Team Awards. Awards will be given for Fastest Overall Community, Corporate and School teams.
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS - Participating as a YMCA Run! team has many benefits:
- Promoting School Spirit and boosting Employee/Member morale
- Teambuilding through group training programs and friendly competition to be the winner of your Team Division
- Philanthropy opportunities through fundraising for the Morrison Family & Sara's YMCA Community Support programs and volunteering on Run! Ballantyne Race Day. Did you know that your Run! Ballantyne entry fee helps support local kids in need by providing them opportunities to thrive in YMCA youth programs like Afterschool, Preschool, Summer Camp and Youth Sports?