RIDE, EAT, SLEEP, REPEAT!
2020 is the 50th DALMAC (Dick Allen Lansing to MACkinaw) Bicycle Tour! DALMAC is Michigan’s fully-supported, epic end-of-summer bicycle camping tour. Routes wind northward from Michigan State University on country roads and through quaint small towns, ending in historic and beautiful Mackinaw City on Sunday, September 6th. Each route varies in distance providing just the right challenge for all bicyclists. The 2020 DALMAC will include a Quint Century, which will start with the east route and then join the west route.
Riders enjoy a fully supported tour that includes:
- Low-traffic roads with spectacular scenery, including Lake Michigan and the Mackinac Bridge
- Rolling hills and downhill thrills
- Ample opportunities to enjoy cookies, ice cream and pie
- A variety of breweries en route and in host communities
- Friendly support vehicles (SAGs), if neeeded
- Breakfast and dinner, with limited vegetarian, vegan and gluten-sensitive options
- Overnight camping, shower facilities, and baggage shuttles
- Mobile bicycle mechanics
Things to know before registering:
All private support vehicles (SAGs) must register as participants. Private SAG options include:
Ø Private SAG with Meals – the registrant is not a rider and is providing SAG service for a registered rider. The registration provides the same access to the facilities as the riders have, including meals and showers. In addition to the registration fee, a vehicle permit is required. Each person in the private SAG vehicle must register. Registration is route specific.
Ø Private SAG without Meals – the registrant is not a rider and is providing SAG service for a registered rider. The registration permits a vehicle to be onsite at camp in designated areas. Registration does not include meals. Access to shower facilities is limited to after 8:00 p.m. each day. Registration is not route specific. In addition to registering for the Private SAG without Meals, registrant also needs to purchase access for each occupant of the SAG vehicle (including the driver) in the products and merchandise section of the registration.
Again this year, none of the routes will be crossing the Mackinac Bridge. All routes will end at Mackinaw City High School.
- September 1 5:00 PM EDT - 5 Day Rider Check-in East Lansing
- September 2 7:00 AM EDT - 5 Day Rider Check-in East Lansing
- September 2 5:00 PM EDT - 4 Day Rider Check-in East Lansing
- September 3 7:00 AM EDT - 4 Day Rider Check-in East Lansing
- September 3 6:00 PM EDT - 3 Day Rider Check-in Gladwin HS
- September 4 7:00 AM EDT - 3 Day Rider Check-in Gladwin HS
- September 4 6:00 PM EDT - 2 Day Rider Check-in Grayling
- September 5 7:00 AM EDT - 2 Day Rider Check-in Grayling