Lucky Leprechaun 5K
5K Race and Festival at Nathan Benderson Park
Runners - please see the below press release regarding the Lucky Leprechaun 5K and Festival:
JOINT STATEMENT ON THE STATUS OF THE LUCKY LEPRECHAUN 5K AND FESTIVAL
FROM FIT2RUN, THE RUNNERS SUPERSTORE, AND
SUNCOAST AQUATIC NATURE CENTER ASSOCIATES AT NATHAN BENDERSON PARK
— Event will become a virtual run, which may be run on the course laid out at Nathan Benderson Park
— Packet pickup will now include shirts, bibs and medals
— Festival registrants will be compensated with a race shirt, available at packet pickup and at the Fit2Run store in The Mall at University Town Center
SARASOTA and PARRISH, Fla.: The Lucky Leprechaun 5K’s partners, Nathan Benderson Park (NBP) and Fit2Run, The Runners Superstore, announce the March 14 run/walk and festival has become a virtual run that may be completed on the park’s 5K course anytime during the week ending March 22.
Because Sarasota County is not allowing large events in its facilities for a 30-day period beginning Friday, March 13, the Lucky Leprechaun 5K will no longer be a public event. The county’s order is in response to the developing COVID-19 coronavirus concern, and Fit2Run and Nathan Benderson Park want to ensure the safety of everyone who participates in this event.
All registrants for the run are transferred to the Lucky Leprechaun O’Virtual 5K Run, and festival registrants will be compensated with a “Here To Paddy” T-shirt, which will be available at packet pickup at the Fit2Run store in The Mall at University Town Center. Packet pickup will continue at the store 4-8 p.m. Friday, March 13, and noon-6 p.m. Saturday, March 14. Registered participants may pick up their race packets, including shirts, bibs and medals, and will participate virtually.
Race organizers suggest these ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day virtually:
- Wear your race-day outfit and shoes, and run on the Lucky Leprechaun race course at NBP. The park remains open 6 a.m.-8 p.m. daily.
- Put on your medal and celebrate! Send a virtual high-five with a picture, and tag @Fit2Run and @myNBP on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Submit your time online to be included in the online race results, and be entered to win some fun raffle prizes. Directions to submit times will be emailed to all registered runners and posted on social media Saturday, March 14.
- Want to participate in the costume contest? Use the hashtag #LuckyLeprechaun5KCostume in your post. Race organizers will select their favorite costumes and send the winners prizes.
Race organizers strongly recommend that participants and the public continue monitoring the coronavirus response at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov
As a reminder, to prevent the spread of COVID-19, please observe the following preventative measures:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using a restroom, before eating, and after blowing noses, coughing or sneezing
- Use hand sanitizer if water and soap is not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, noses and mouths with unwashed hands
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue, and use your upper sleeves if tissues are unavailable
- Avoid close contact with others (remain 6 feet apart when possible)
- If you experience flu-like symptoms, take necessary precautions including self-quarantine for 14 days. If medical attention is required, call an urgent care or hospital facility before going to the facility to seek care. Upon arrival, immediately put on a mask.
Thank you for your understanding in these unique times, and we hope to see you racing again soon.
Can't make it out on race day? Participate virtually and receive the official finisher's medal and race shirt. Virtual participants are not eligible for top finisher awards, but are eligible for inclusion in the Holiday Race Challenge.
$40.00Nov 28 - Mar 14
- March 12 4:00 PM EDT - Packet Pickup @ Fit2Run UTC (4p-8p)
- March 13 4:00 PM EDT - Packet Pickup @ Fit2Run UTC (4p-8p)
- March 14 4:00 PM EDT - Race Day Registration and Packet Pick Up Open
- March 14 5:30 PM EDT - Festival Opens
- March 14 6:00 PM EDT - First band takes the stage
- March 14 6:15 PM EDT - Kids Rainbow Dash
- March 14 6:45 PM EDT - 5K Warm Up
- March 14 7:00 PM EDT - 5K Starts
- March 14 8:15 PM EDT - Costume Contest
- March 14 8:30 PM EDT - Second band takes the stage
- March 14 9:45 PM EDT - Last call for food and drinks
- March 14 10:00 PM EDT - Event concludes