The Garmin Kansas City Marathon Million Mile Challenge is a fun and engaging way to support your local community while training, exercising and participating in daily activities between now and October 17.
Participants will register ($40) to participate and select their goal distance (5K/3.1 miles, 10K/6.2 miles, half marathon/13.1 miles or full marathon/26.2 miles). They will receive a unique bib number to use to log mileage via the Million Mile Challenge Tracker. Participants are encouraged to run or walk and should track both their training mileage AND their race mileage. Garmin Kansas City Marathon race mileage can be completed at anytime (and anywhere!) between now and October 17 and can be completed in a single day - or can be reached by cumulative miles tracked over multiple days. Are you participating in an upcoming virtual race? Track that mileage! Every mile counts! All miles must be logged by October 17 in order to count towards the million-mile goal.
Then join us for a safe, socially distanced drive-through Finishers Fest presented by T-Mobile (location TBD). This two-day event (October 16 & 17) offers the opportunity for registered participants to pick up their race packets and participant items in person and will feature fun photo opportunities, sponsor booths and other activities. Registrants may also choose to have their race packets mailed directly to them (additional fees apply).
REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS FOR THE MILLION MILE CHALLENGE WILL RECEIVE:
- A race-branded shirt
- Large finisher’s medal
- Commemorative race bib
- Digital finisher’s certificate
- Garmin Kansas City Marathon Million Mile Challenge finisher item
- The “Ultimate Kansas City Swag Bag” which will include special offers and items from local Kansas City companies including Garmin, T-Mobile, the Kansas City Royals, Sporting KC, Charlie Hustle, the National WWI Museum and Memorial and more to be announced!!
KEY BENCHMARKS WILL BE CELEBRATED
REGISTRANTS WILL BE RANDOMLY SELECTED TO RECEIVE EXCITING GIFTS:
- 100,000 miles: 100 free entries into the 2021 Garmin Kansas City Marathon (any distance)
- 250,000 miles: 250 premium Garmin water bottles
- 500,000 miles: 500 T-Mobile cell phone armbands
- 600,000 miles: 3 lucky participants will win $600 CASH courtesy of Missouri Lottery
- 750,000 miles: 750 Sporting Kansas City 2020 jersey bags
- 1 MILLION MILES: Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company will make a sizable donation to the Kansas City Sports Commission & Foundation, the non-profit organization that organizes the Garmin Kansas City Marathon.
Must be 16 years old or older on event day.
Must be 14 years or older on event day.