Run Calgary's Commitment to our Community
Update October 27, 2020:
Alberta Health Services has advised that this is a "controlled event" with safety protocols not a "social gathering" and is permitted despite new restrictions in Alberta.
The following protocols are designed to lead the way for Calgary's safe return to racing. Run Calgary's small COVID-secure flow through event will provide runners motivation to keep training, a timed result on an accurate course, and the opportunity to cross a physical finish line, all in a safe environment that abides by all local, provincial and federal regulations.
This Halloween, family, and dog-friendly event will still feel like a Run Calgary race but with a little less fanfare. Expect a starting gun, a finish line, DJ and emcee sharing important race information, swag and a contactless finish line hydration station. We aim to limit dwell time so the post-race party, awards and photo booth will be a digital experience. Regardless, you can always count on Run Calgary to deliver The 4Cs (Community, Competition, Charity and Creativity) with every experience, (in-person, virtual or whatever is next!). The 4Cs are integral to what we do and in conjunction with our safety protocols, your return to racing with Run Calgary will be exceptional. Halloween costumes are optional but remember following safety protocols is mandatory.
Safety measures include, but are not limited to:
- All participants, volunteers and staff are required to undergo an on-site contactless COVID screening (*temperature reading and screening questions) before participating in the event.
- In order to comply with current provincial gathering-size restrictions, no unregistered spectators will be allowed in the finish / start at this year's Dash of Doom. The course in North Glenmore is open to the public and your family and friends can spread out there as they see fit.
- All participants, volunteers and staff are required to wear masks (participants not required to wear mask while racing).
- All participants must check in when they get on site, it’s easy just follow the signs on our tents marked “Steps 1 2 & 3”
- There will be no bag check, but there is free parking and you can leave your bags in your vehicle as the parking lot is a short walk to both the start and finish areas.
- Small wave starts to maintain social distancing. Families can line up together and parents and children can share a start marker.
- Multiple hand sanitizing stations will be available.
- No race day registration or pick up, curb-side pick up at Run Calgary HQ.
- No fluid stations on course -- all participants must be self-sufficient. Unless the heat/humidity create a safety concern - unlikely in Calgary on the last day in October.
- Pre-bagged food, water & medals for contactless post-race distribution.
- Runners are required to maintain social distancing at all times while not racing, and are encouraged to maintain 6' space between fellow participants whenever possible while on course.
- Runners are asked to promptly depart finish line after completing race
- No spitting, hugging, or high-fives, but air hugs, virtual high fives and words of support are highly encouraged.
- *Update - Oct 20/2020 - AHS has advised that we now do not need to do temperature checks.