Run and Walk to Honor Veterans
We are excited to have you join us IN-PERSON on Saturday, November 14 for the 10th Annual Olentangy Liberty Baseball Patriots For Freedom 5K run and 1 Mile walk. The event benefits the Division 1 State Champion Olentangy Liberty Baseball team who has proudly partnered with Honor Flight Columbus to support our nation's senior veterans. This year's event will take place at Liberty Park in Liberty Township. The scenic loop course through the park includes an exciting Start and Finish at the baseball diamonds. Liberty Park provides the ideal community venue for the entire family including dogs and strollers!
Safe & Healthy Return to In-Person Running/Walking Event Standards
Our "Safe & Health Return to Racing" has been developed to align with the approach developed by the Federal Government, USA Running, and medical experts relying on fact-based recommendation from other expert resources, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevent, World Health Organization, Ohio Department of Health, and other state and local agencies. Here are key elements of our race process that we will be doing to keep everyone as healthy and safe as possible:
- Limited participation - multiple wave starts to reduce congregation and encourage social distancing at the Start. Note: You will select wave start time during registration.
- Separate Start and Finish lines (areas)
- Hand sanitation stations at start and finish area
- All staff and volunteers required to wear a face mask at all times during event
- Face masks must be worn before and after event.
- Athletes are encouraged to bring own water for the event. Water station will be contact free.
- Spectators are permitted but must wear a mask. No exceptions.
- Stay home if you are symptomatic. If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, do not come to the event. For more information on symptoms, visit OH Dept of Health.
- Social distance - do your best to maintain 6' distance between yourself and others.
- Bring a mask. Must be worn before and after event. Note: It is optional to wear a mask during your run or walk.**
- Follow all instructions and information provided before, during and after the event.
- Remain in vehicle until 30 minutes before your start wave. Warm-up as needed until 5 minutes before your start time. Report to Start area 5 minutes before your wave start. Please social distance while you wait for your wave to begin.
** mask must be worn at the Start line, removed and carried with you during the event, and placed back on at the finish line and worn until you return to your vehicle.
Our safety precautions are established for the safety and well being of everyone involved with the event and are a requirement for this event to happen. We need your full cooperation and support - please do your best to do your part and we will do our best to do our part!
There will be multiple wave starting times to select during the registration process. The number of people per each wave starting time is limited. The following wave times will be available during registration:
- 9:00 am
- 9:05 am
- 9:10 am
- 9:15 am
- 9:20 am
- 9:25 am
- 9:30 am
When you register you will select the preferred starting wave time. The number of participants per each starting time is limited.
Raffle and Prizes
In addition to the run/walk, there will again be a raffle of great items donated by local businesses. Raffle tickets are available for purchase online at time of registration and in person during packet pick up. Cost: $5 each or 5 tickets for $20
Raffle tickets will not be available for purchase on day of event.
Official Event Shirt
All 5K participants that register prior to November 1 will receive a commemorative event day t-shirt. Additional event t-shirts will be available for online purchase during registration for $12. There will be a limited number of t-shirts available for purchase during packet pick up. We cannot guarantee sizes or availability if registering after November 1.
Race Packet Pick-up Event
Veteran's Day / Wednesday November 11 from 12:00 pm - 8:30 pm at:
Shorty's Pizza & Growl
9721 Sawmill Rd
Powell, OH 43065
Preview raffle prizes, purchase raffle tickets, and pick up your race day packet. Join us for lunch or dinner. Shorty's is donating 15% of food and non-alcoholic beverage sales all day to our event. Advance ordering available online: https://www.shortyspizzaandgrowl.com/ Just mention Liberty Baseball when ordering.
About Honor Flight Columbus
Honor Flight Columbus recognizes our military veterans by funding trips to Washington D.C. to visit war memorials. Each flight transports 80-90 veterans and cost a total of $62,000 per flight or approximately $1000 per veteran. Honor Flight has flown over 5,000 veterans from Central Ohio since its inception in 2010. Currently, there are over a 1,000 veterans waiting to make this trip with Honor Flight and need your support. Please help support our veterans by making a donation directly to Honor Flight Columbus at the time of registration. 100% of all funds that are collected will stay local and go straight to Honor Flight Columbus. To learn more about the Honor Flight Columbus, please visit: www.honorflightcolumbus.org
Interested in sponsoring the event? For all sponsorship inquiries, please contact Laura Yamokoski at firstname.lastname@example.org
Countdown to Patriots for Freedom!
Run or walk 3.1 miles to support Liberty Baseball and Honor Flight Columbus
$30.00Now registering Oct 1 – Nov 13
Walk 1 mile to support Liberty baseball and Honor Flight Columbus
$12.00Now registering Oct 1 – Nov 13
Want to support a great cause, but unable to participate? Go ahead and register to run/walk the 5K virtually or to just provide your support!
- November 14 8:55 AM EST - Event Formation Begins - Starting Wave
- November 14 9:00 AM EST - Event Begins (Wave Starts every 5 minutes based on registered wave)