Redondo Beach Swim the AvenuesThis summer we invite you to come “Swim the Avenues” and be part of the Third Annual Redondo Beach Open Water Swim. There will be a 1 mile swim as well as a ½ mile swim. This event is also an official “qualifying” swim for the Manhattan Beach Pier to Pier Swim. There will be a wet-suit and non-wet suit category.
Which Team is fastest? "Swim the Avenues" will have a team division for the 1 mile non-wet suit category to answer that question. All you need to do is create a team having at least five swimmers (male, female and/or mixed). All teams compete in same category. There is no limit on how many swimmers can be on your team. . You do not have to register to create a team. If you already know a team has been created that you want to be on you can select that team during the online registration process. The 5 fastest on your team count towards your team score. Fastest team wins a trophy and bragging rights for the year.
EVENT DETAILS and SCHEDULE
Saturday, July 11 Packet Pick Up
- Packet consists of: swim cap and timing chip.
- Location: Village Runner, 1611 S. Catalina Ave #105, Redondo Beach, CA 90277
- There is Free underground parking.
From 12pm – 4pm.
- You must pick up your packet in person. Minors may have an Adult pick up for them.
- Online registration closes at 4:00 p.m. , July 11th, 2020.
- No Refunds.
Sunday, July 12 Race Schedule
6:30a.m Race Day Registration (cash/check) and Late Packet Pick Up at Miramar Park, 201 Paseo De La Playa, Redondo Beach 90277
Late packets need to be picked up near white tents before 7:30a.m.
No glass allowed
7:35a.m Pre-race talk on the beach, beyond public bike path (Caution bike path is open to the public) Please do not block bike path.
8:00a.m 1/2 Mile (wetsuit and non-wetsuit)
8:15a.m 1 Mile Non-Westsuit Division
8;30a.m. 1 mile Wetsuit Division
- Top 5 Overall 1 Mile Swim
- Top 3 each age group
- Finisher T-Shirt
Age Group Categories:
1 Mile Swim
- 13-16, 17-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- 9-10, 11-12 (Jr Guard age group) 13-99 (Open Category)
Swim Course Reminders:
- If at any time during the swim you need assistance, please wave your hand and a lifeguard on a paddle board will come by. If they feel you are unable to finish the swim they will assist you to shore. If this happens, please walk to the swim finish to let the timing company know you did not finish the swim. Please line yourself up according to your swim ability. Faster swimmers in the front with slower swimmers in the back.
- If for any reason you cannot finish the race, please return your timing chip to the timing tent located at the finish.
- There is a $10 fee for any timing chips not returned.
Available bathrooms on race day:
- Restrooms are just off the bike bath on the beach.
Suggested PARKING area:
LA County Beach Parking Lot located just off of Peso del La Playa. This is a pay lot.