The Cowan family is sad to announce with heavy heart that we have had to make a few adjustments due to COVID-19. Our race will now be turned into a VIRTUAL run.
This is a great opportunity to get some fresh air, exercise, and spend time with your family, all while helping a great cause from your home. Our hopes are that you will help us meet and even exceed what we have done in the past, as now you can extend the invitation to neighbors, friends, and family close by and even in other states! Help us to continue to raise funds that we still plan to give back to our 4 Beautiful Beneficiaries: LifeGift (organ donation procurement), Ronald McDonald House-Houston: housing for families in the hospital, Emma’s Hugs: Providing Parking for families in the hospital long term, and Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep: remembrance portraits to families of loss.
Make sure you read the details of the Virtual Run below, and keep an eye out for more information coming regarding the online Rylen Raffle benefiting Bo’s Place!
In closing, we can’t thank you enough for your continued love and support as we embark on this new adventure where I have no doubt we will still see Amazing things transpire as you help us to remember and honor our sweet Smilin’ Rylen!
To participate in the virtual race, please see the rules below:
Current registered participants will automatically be converted to virtual participants.
- Online registration will remain open until April 24 at 11:59PM.
- You can run anywhere, anytime, anyplace, as long as the distance is a 5K or 1 mile distance.
- Online submission of your race will close at 11:59PM on Friday, May 15. There will be no exceptions to this deadline.
- Each participant must complete this form by the deadline listed above to be considered a finisher.
- All finishers will receive their shirt, finisher medal and race bag by mail within two weeks of the May 15 deadline.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us. Be sure to tag us on social media during your virtual race! #smilinrylenrun @thesmilinrylenfoundation
Meet Rylen...our HERO!
Rylen, who was always smiling, quickly earned the name Smilin' Rylen.
We remember Rylen with everything ORANGE, a color of happiness!
Rylen earned his angel wings on June 5, 2017, at only 13.5 months old, after a battle with Bacterial Meningitis. Little but Mighty, Rylen did not leave this earth untouched. Thanks to the medical advances in organ donation, Rylen was able to save 5 lives.
Our Mission at The Smilin' Rylen Foundation is to raise awareness about organ donation and to assist families in crisis.
The Cowan Family would like to THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts for your generous contributions and continued support! Please join us in celebrating his life and the lives of those he saved!
Countdown to event
$30.00Now registering Dec 31 – Apr 24
$40.00Apr 24 – Apr 25
$15.00Now registering Dec 31 – Apr 24
$20.00Apr 24 – Apr 25
$20.00Now registering Dec 31 – Apr 24
$30.00Apr 24 – Apr 25
$10.00Now registering Dec 31 – Apr 24
$15.00Apr 24 – Apr 25
|2||Shane and Janey Whisenant||$107.81|
Quorum/ Teams Once Upon A Kidney
- April 23 12:00 PM CDT - Packet Pick-up (from 12-7pm)
- April 25 6:30 AM CDT - Race Day Packet Pick-up (from 7:30-9:00 am)
- April 25 8:00 AM CDT - 5K & 1 Mile Start