Virtual event - Weekend of August 1, 2020
Packet Pick-up is at Dick Pond on Friday, July 31 from 10am - 8pm,
26W515 St Charles Rd, Carol Stream, IL 60188
NOTE - IF YOU REGISTER AFTER NOON ON THURSDAY, JULY 30, THERE WILL NOT BE A PACKET AT DICK POND - WE WILL ARRANGE TO GET YOUR SHIRT TO YOU NEXT WEEK
There are more than 62,420 food insecure individuals in DuPage County, almost half of which do not qualify for government assistance. Please join us in this family-friendly 5K run/walk to feed our hungry neighbors!
Since 1999, Neighborhood Food Pantries has provided food security to our neighbors in need, as well as monetary assistance for housing, utilities, medical care/prescriptions, etc. Funds raised from this 5K event will be used to help us reach our 2020 goal to provide over 2 million meals!
This year we will be together in spirit and in support of the same great mission! And we have some fun plans to share!.
- We will still be offering 1st/2nd/3rd place time awards (although on a ‘virtual’ podium). To qualify, you must complete a FULL 5K, and submit a screenshot of your distance and time taken on an activity tracking app (such as Map-My-Run). See below for further instructions.
- As smaller groups are allowed, we are encouraging our teams to map out their own 5K locally, and gather their team to support our neighbors in need (subject to all governmental group size limits and social distancing requirements).
- For walkers and those not submitting their time, the distance does not need to be 5K, and can be determined by the group (a 1-mile walk is just as important as a 3.1 mile run).
- COSTUME awards will be presented. Participants should submit photos of themselves in their food costumes, which will be uploaded to social media with online voting.
- FUNDRAISING and TEAM SIZE awards will also be offered as in past years.
- While the 5K is officially on August 1st, as a virtual event we will accept times and photos for any time over the weekend on August 1st/2nd.
As you know, the ongoing realities of the COVID-19 pandemic have meant changes for all of us, and have led to an increased need at our local food pantries. While the state of IL is beginning to ‘open up’, we will not be in a position to gather in large groups by early August, and will be unable to have our Shopping Cart Shuffle in our usual manner.
We will be providing significant support to you as captains, and are encouraging all groups to find a local path for your team to join us, albeit virtually. We have one group mapping out a course in their neighborhood, encouraging neighbors to join in, and others looking at locations at a local park, around their churches, and more.
NOTE: No Shopping Carts will be harmed during this event. Shopping Carts are for display purposes only and not allowed on the course!
Tshirts are only guaranteed for registrations prior to July 10th.
$10.00Jan 11 – Jun 15
$13.00Jun 16 – Jul 15
$15.00Jul 16 – Jul 31
$20.00Aug 1 – Aug 2
Tshirts are only guaranteed for registrations prior to July 16th.
$25.00Jan 11 – May 14
$30.00May 15 – Jun 15
$35.00Jun 16 – Jul 15
$40.00Jul 16 – Jul 31
$50.00Aug 1 – Aug 2
PPM Good Shepherds
St. Andrew Striders
Lutheran Church of the Master: The Banana 🍌 Splits
Heritage Hunger Fighters
|1||View fundraiser page for Pam||
|View page for Pam|
|2||View fundraiser page for Nancy||
|View page for Nancy|
|3||View fundraiser page for Heather||
|View page for Heather|
|4||View fundraiser page for Kayla||
|View page for Kayla|
|5||View fundraiser page for David||
|View page for David|
- August 1 12:00 AM CDT - Shopping Cart Shuffle Virtual 5K Begins
- August 2 11:59 PM CDT - Shopping Cart Shuffle Virtual 5K Ends