The Bad Thing 2020 Race Details:
- Race Times and Location - 50K starts at 7am, 25K at 9am. The meeting location has changed from last year, and is now at the Auburn Park located on Base Line road in Auburn. It is NOT at the Auburn Memorial Hall.
- The Route - will be an Out and Back as we cannot bus people to the start line due to Covid restrictions.
- A mask or face covering is required once you have entered the race grounds, and must be worn at all times in the athletes area. During your run, the mask/face covering must be used when approaching/passing a volunteer or another runner. It may be removed when you are a proper distance from other runners or volunteers. Buffs will be provided to each athlete and can be used as a face covering.
- Provided Post-Race Meal - the post-race meal will be a "bagged lunch" - i.e. a take-away meal.
- A Covid screening - an in person screening & form must be completed at the event before you'll be allowed to race
- Carry Everything - No food available at aid stations on the course - on advice from the Huron Perth Public Health. You will have to carry your own food and all personal items with you on the course. We will not store bags, or allow drops at aid stations this year. Only bottled water will be available at the 3 Aid Stations.
- Racers will be released in waves - this is to limit the number of finishers inside the athletes area at any given time. The 4 Waves (2 per race distance) will correspond to the finishing time you specified when you signed up. You will be advised on your wave at the event as well.
- Everything is outside - this is an all outdoors event. There are no heated areas.
- No storage on site - All bags and personal items you are not carrying during the race must be stored in your car.
- Restrooms - there will be porta potties on site as well as hand washing and sanitizing stations.
- Bring your own coffee mug - if you want some of our coffee (Coastal Coffee).
- No spectators in the athletes area - support people/families will not be allowed in the athletes area as we must adhere to specified limits.
Food, Swag and Goodies:
All participants receive:
- Pita Pit take-away lunch
- A can of Square brew beer or spiked water.
- A Kick ass hoodie
- A custom race buff
All Sales are final. Race Huron will not issue refunds, transfers or deferrals under any circumstances. All of our races benefit charitable organizations in Huron County and race proceeds are used to continually improve the race experience (race course, safety and event improvements). IF due to Covid19 pandemic changes we are forced to cancel at the last minute, we will mail your swag to you and the race will be run virtually and there will be no refunds.
$95.00Sep. 1 - Sep. 21
$105.00Sep. 1 - Sep. 21
- October 24 6:00 a.m. EDT - 50K Meet at Auburn Park
- October 24 7:00 a.m. EDT - 50K - Race Start
- October 24 8:00 a.m. EDT - 25K Meet at Auburn Park
- October 24 9:00 a.m. EDT - 25K - Race Start
- October 24 12:00 p.m. EDT - Post Race Food & Festivities - Start
- October 24 2:00 p.m. EDT - 25K Cutoff
- October 24 5:00 p.m. EDT - 50K Cutoff