IMPORTANT: Registration date postponed to August 1st due to COVID-19: Due to the uncertainty of social distancing measures that will be in place in October, we are postponing the opening date of registration until August 1st. We have all intentions to continue with the race on the planned date, and will be monitoring the situation closely. If there is uncertainty come August 1st, we may need to delay registration opening further.
Race Date: Saturday, October 24th, 2020
Registration Opens: August 1st, 2020 (Midnight).
The Bad Thing trail race is the ONLY point to point trail race in Ontario. It takes place in Huron County, Ontario along the stunning Maitland Trail. The race ends at the Auburn hall (heated building, yay!).
The 50K option starts in Goderich and ends in Auburn. The 25K portion starts roughly at the half way point of the 50K race course (see route details below).
The race consists mainly of single track, highly technical trail with a small amount of road and groomed trail along the way. Participants should be prepared for very technical, potentially muddy, tough terrain. This race is not for inexperienced trail runners.
Because this a point-to-point race, runners will be transported from the meeting point in Auburn (the Auburn Memorial Hall), via bus to the starting point in Goderich. Please meet at the Auburn Memorial Hall no later than 6:00am to check-in. The bus will leave Auburn at 6:15am sharp for the 50K option and 8:30am sharp for the 25K option.
The bus ride is mandatory for all participants, as race brief, and rules will be gone over on the ride. No one will be permitted to race unless they meet in Auburn to check in first, and ride the bus to the start.
**Minimum age for participants is 18 years old.
Food, Swag and Goodies:
All participants receive:
- Chef Jamie's world famous chili (meat and vegetarian option) + Buns
- Culbert's Creampuff (replenish about 1500 calories)
- A Kick ass shirt
- Lots of swag bag goodies
- Other fruit, food stuffs and beverages
All Sales are final. Race Huron will not issue refunds, transfers or deferrals under any circumstances. All of our races benefit charitable organizations in Huron County and race proceeds are used to continually improve the race experience (race course, safety and event improvements).
$95.00Aug. 1 - Sep. 21
$105.00Aug. 1 - Sep. 21
- October 24 6:00 a.m. EDT - 50K Meet at Auburn Hall (No later than)
- October 24 6:15 a.m. EDT - 50K - Bus Departs
- October 24 7:00 a.m. EDT - 50K - Race Start
- October 24 8:00 a.m. EDT - 25K Meet at Auburn Hall
- October 24 8:30 a.m. EDT - 25K - Bus Departure
- October 24 9:00 a.m. EDT - 25K - Race Start
- October 24 12:00 p.m. EDT - Post Race Food & Festivities - Start
- October 24 2:00 p.m. EDT - 25K Cutoff
- October 24 5:00 p.m. EDT - 50K Cutoff