Online registration closes at 11:59 pm CT on October 22. Late registration is available from 1 pm to 7 pm at VIP Pizza in Superior on October 23, and from 2 pm to 6:15 pm at Thirsty Pagan Brewing in Superior on October 24.
Grandma's Marathon, the City of Superior and our Medical Director have worked together to formulate a plan for the North End Nightmare that will allow the event to proceed safely and within the COVID-19 guidelines set forth by the Wisconsin Department of Health (WDH).
With these plans now in place, we are excited to offer the following options for you to complete the 2020 North End Nightmare:
- IN-PERSON OPTION: We will be hosting a chip timed, in-person version of the North End Nightmare on October 24, 2020. For social distancing purposes, the race will be 2-miles this year vs. a 5K. We will be offering waves of up to 50 people each. All 2-Mile Adult participants receive a full-zip jacket (pictured below); Youth participants will receive a hooded sweatshirt (picture coming soon!).
- VIRTUAL OPTION: With this option, you may complete the North End Nightmare at the time and location of your choice during the timeframe of October 24 - October 31. If you select this option, you will receive an email prior to October 24 with instructions on how to report your time(s) via your Race Roster account. All 2-Mile Adult participants receive a full-zip jacket (pictured below); Youth participants will receive a hooded sweatshirt (picture coming soon!).
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS, REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES:
Grandma's Marathon is committed to providing safe and healthy events at all times, and is following all local and state guidelines in hosting this event. During the COVID-19 pandemic we are implementing extra precautions, which will require full cooperation among our participants, volunteers and staff. We ask that you adhere to the following safety measures, requirements and guidelines during your participation to ensure the continuation of in-person running event options:
- Send one representative to obtain packets and gear. If you are part of a family or group participating together, we ask that you send one representative to pick up packets and gear for all members of your party.
- Face coverings are REQUIRED at Race Packet Pick-up, the pre-start Checkpoint, in the Start Corral and after finishing. For the safety of all participants, volunteers and staff, we are requiring that your mouth and nose be covered with a mask, race wrap or other form of covering during Race Packet Pick-up, at the pre-start Checkpoint and in the Start Corral until you cross the starting line. When you cross the finish line we ask that you put your face covering back on. We will have masks available for those who need one.
- Face coverings are strongly encouraged during the race. While we are not requiring you to keep your face covering on after you cross the starting line, it is strongly encouraged by medical professionals and the WDH that you do so.
- Practice social distancing throughout the event! Social distancing indicators will be marked on the ground at Race Packet Pick-up and in the Start Corral as guidance for proper spacing.
- You must participate in the wave that you select, and will receive a bib number that corresponds to your wave. Waves are strictly limited to 50 people per wave. Please DO NOT attempt to participate in a different wave.
- No spectators. In order for us to host an in-person event we must strictly adhere to the gathering limits put in place by the State of Wisconsin. Therefore, spectators are not allowed to congregate at the event location including at the start and finish lines.
- Be "ready to run" prior to entering the Start Corral - have no symptoms of being sick within 72 hours prior to the race, have your race number adhered to the front of your shirt, pre-race warm-up complete, hands washed and restroom used, mask on, etc. Please arrive no earlier than 20 minutes prior to your start time.
- All participants will have their temperature taken and recorded at a checkpoint prior to entering the Start Corral. Any participant with a temperature over 100.4°F will be asked to return to their vehicle and will be offered the chance to participate virtually or receive a refund of the entry fee.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 within the 14 days following the event, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may notify staff and participants as necessary.
- Please be aware that the status of the North End Nightmare is subject to change at any time. We realize that the COVID-19 pandemic is a dynamic situation, and we will continue to monitor all updates from the Wisconsin Department of Health (WDH) and CDC. If the status of the event changes, we will notify participants via email as soon as possible.
(Ages 15 and Older) - All in-person Adult participants receive a commemorative full-zip jacket. NOTE: For social distancing purposes, the North End Nightmare 5K has been shortened to 2-miles for 2020.
(Ages 6 to 14) - All in-person Youth participants receive a commemorative hooded sweatshirt. NOTE: For social distancing purposes, the North End Nightmare 5K has been shortened to 2-miles for 2020.
- The Spider Dash is a FREE trick-or-treat walk for children ages 14 and Under. All Spider Dash participants receive a halloween themed tote bag - great for trick-or-treating!
(Ages 15 and Older) - Run this 2-mile race at a time and location of your choosing between October 24 - October 31. Details for reporting your time will be emailed to you by October 23. All Adult virtual participants receive a commemorative full-zip jacket.
(Ages 6 to 14) - Run this 2-mile race at a time and location of your choosing between October 24 - October 31. Details for reporting your time will be emailed to you by October 23. All Youth virtual participants receive a commemorative hooded sweatshirt.