Run with the Spirit of the Rocky Mountains – Wherever You Are!
THE BANFF MARATHON GOES VIRTUAL
BYOC (Bring Your Own Course) – and we’ll bring everything else. You’re invited to the Virtual Banff Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K taking place from June 20th to July 5th, 2020.
You will have your own finish line, but you won’t be alone! You will be connected together with the spirit of the other participants and the strength of the Rocky Mountains. You can run whenever, wherever - run on a treadmill, around your neighborhood or any course of your choosing (please adhere to the guidelines provided by the local public health agencies).
You will receive:
- Motivation to stay on track, stay healthy and complete your goal
- Banff Marathon Technical Running Shirt
- Special Edition Finisher’s Medal with a tribute to Health Care Workers during COVID-19
- On-Line Results
- Option to Track on the RunKeeper App
- Personalized Finisher’s Certificate
- Chance to win great Draw Prizes
- Social Media Contests and Photo Ops
- Event Updates with Training Tips, Articles and more
How it Works:
During your virtual run, take a photo and upload it to #banffmarathon on Instagram to be entered in a draw for incredible prizes including a Spa Weekend in Banff, a Northern Lights Viewing Trip to the Yukon, Special Souvenirs from Parks Canada, Run Gear Packages and many more. Don't have Instagram? No problem, e-mail your photo to email@example.com
Souvenir Race Bib
A downloadable commemorative 2020 Virtual Banff Marathon Race Bib is available here. Print if off, wear it on your virtual run and include it in your contest photo to be entered for even more prizes!
How to Submit Your Virtual Run
To record your virtual run you have a number of options. If you have a GPS tracking device or software (ie. Garmin, FitBit, Apple Watch) you will simply manually enter your finish time and also include a screenshot or image of the result from your device/software (under 2MB). If you do not have a device or would like to try out the free app, you can record your virtual run through ASICS Runkeeper™. Remember that to submit your virtual run result you will need to sign in to your Race Roster account.
Follow these easy steps for your choice of how to record your virtual run or walk:
1. Download the ASICS Runkeeper™ app to your phone and create an account or scroll down to log into an existing account
Once you have completed your virtual run in the app, save your workout and it will automatically post to Race Roster results.
(This step must be followed from your mobile device)
VIEWING AND POSTING MANUAL RESULTS
If you plan to record using another software or tracking device or want to post manually from what is recorded on your watch, simply head here and "Submit Virtual Result".
- To record with tracking on the ASICS Runkeeper™ app, you will need to run or walk with your phone or with a connected wearable (see instructions below)
- You do not have to track with these technologies, it is optional!
- More detailed end-to-end instructions (with images) for using the ASICS Runkeeper™ app to track your virtual event are linked here
- Instructions to link a recent activity recorded on a FitBit, Garmin, or Apple Watch linked here
- Steps to manually post your results on Race Roster (not using the app) are linked here
- Results can be viewed throughout the virtual run period but will not be finalized until after July 5th. Results will be available here
- A Finishers Certificate will be available after the Official Results become available by clicking on your name on the results page
- Your Official Technical Race Shirt and Finishers Medal will be available after July 5th
If you have any technical questions related to submitting your result, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org !
$105.00Apr. 30 - Jul. 24
$85.00Apr. 30 - Jul. 24
$65.00Apr. 30 - Jul. 24
$119.00Apr. 30 - Jul. 24
$99.00Apr. 30 - Jul. 24
$79.00Apr. 30 - Jul. 24
- June 20 12:00 a.m. MDT - Virtual Event Begins
- July 5 11:59 p.m. MDT - Virtual Event Ends
- Event contact
- Banff Marathon