Keep your eyes on the pies and join us for the 10th annual Kimmswick Virtual 5K & 1 Mile present by the Blue Owl Restaurant & Bakery! Benefiting the ALS Association St. Louis Regional Chapter, this event is in memory of Nancy Ratliff and everyone impacted by ALS. Participants receive a buttery soft tri-blend shirt highlighting the 10th anniversary and the world-famous levee high pie and a $2 off coupon from The Blue Owl along with a free cookie!
Your registration will benefit the ALS Association St. Louis Regional Chapter whose mission is to discover treatments and a cure for ALS, and to serve, advocate for, and empower people affected by ALS to live their lives to the fullest.
Join our Facebook event to stay connected for the latest event details and contest.
DATE | August 8, 2020
- $25 | Through May 22
- $30 | May 23 through July 15
- $35 | July 16 – Race Day
- Virtual registration closes 8/8.
- Register by 7/15 to guarantee you receive your packet by 8/7.
Virtual Participants: During registration, you can choose to have your packet mailed to you ($10) or you can pick up at Fleet Feet South County. If you opted to pick up, please reference below for packet pickup times.
SWAG | Participants receive a buttery soft tri-blend shirt highlighting the world-famous levee high pie and 10th anniversary of the race. Any registration after July 15th, t-shirt and size are not guaranteed. Sizes available: S-2XL.
- 8/7 | 10:00am – 7:00pm | Fleet Feet South County
FUNDRAISING | Don't just run, be a fundraiser! Join the Extra Mile Club, go the extra mile to help those living with ALS. Sign up to fundraise as an individual, create a team, or make an additional donation during registration. Click here for more about how to fundraise.
DOWNLOAD ALS CUSTOMIZABLE RACE BIB | Show your support for ALS by printing out a customizable race bib, which lets us know you are running in honor of or in memory of. Wear your bib on race day and share it on Facebook by using #Kimmswick5K. Click here to download the customizable race bib.
RACE RESULTS | click here to see this year and past years results.
SPONSORSHIP | Your partnership dollars will provide you with increased corporate and brand visibility while making a direct and meaningful impact on the lives of many in the St. Louis and those effect by ALS. By sponsoring the Kimmswick 5K, you receive many benefits (commensurate with sponsor level) including but not limited to: inclusion on the webpage, print media advertising, marketing upon our social media platforms, promotional information in race packets and more! For more information email Natalie(firstname.lastname@example.org) or view the sponsorship packet.
Thank you to this year's sponsors:
Our Mission | To discover treatments and a cure for ALS, and to serve, advocate for, and empower people affected by ALS to live their lives to the fullest.
About Our Chapter
The ALS Association is the only national not-for-profit organization completely dedicated to fighting ALS.
Our work covers all the bases — research, patient and community services, public education, and advocacy — in providing help, support, and hope to those facing the disease. The ALS Association and the St. Louis Regional Chapter operate under a shared mission— to improve the lives of people living with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and to leave no stone unturned in search of treatments and a cure.
In 2018, our Chapter:
- Served 725 people with ALS and their family members.
- Cared for 208 patients in our Clinics & ALS Association Treatment Centers.
- Loaned 177 pieces of durable medical equipment to people with ALS in eastern Missouri and southern and central Illinois.
- Supplied 705 cases of nutritional supplements to people with ALS who can no longer chew or swallow.
- Provided 3,600 hours of respite care to ALS caregivers.
The ALS Association St. Louis Regional Chapter is committed to:
- Serving as a public policy advocate for people with ALS. We work on a local, state and national scale to make sure policies serve the best interests of ALS patients and caregivers, to secure funding for ALS research, and to empower patients to speak out to their representatives.
- Providing a robust, multidisciplinary approach to treatment of ALS. We have clinics throughout our service area, each with a team of doctors that can provide complete care to ALS patients — all under one roof. This multifaceted approach to care for ALS patients is scientifically proven to extend the lives of people living with ALS.
- Caring for people and families living with ALS. We provide exceptional care services and the latest resources and information for people with ALS, their families and caregivers. All of our services are provided free of charge.
Our accomplishments are made possible by the generosity of others. From the smallest donation to the largest gift, donors touch the ALS community with hope for the future. For more information about the ALS, the history, and how you can continue to help and support their mission, click here.
The Blue Owl Restaurant has been an institution in Kimmswick – and a destination for those in the St. Louis area and beyond – since it was founded by Mary Hostetter in 1985. In addition to growing as a business – from serving 30 customers a day in 1985 to over 300 per day now – the Blue Owl has also become known for its active role in fundraising and philanthropy in the community.
As a long-time patron of The Blue Owl, Nancy Ratliff was not just treated like a customer, but as a friend or family member. Nancy’s daughter Heather worked at the restaurant when she was in high school, and the Blue Owl hosted Nancy’s surprise 60th birthday party in August of 2008, just months before she was diagnosed with ALS. So when we approached Mary about the possibility of teaming up to do a fundraiser, it was no surprise that she and her staff jumped at the opportunity. Nor was it a surprise that they played an integral part in making it such a success.
In addition to sponsoring the event, Mary and the Blue Owl provide their award-winning pies as unique awards for the top three finishers of each age group in the Kimmswick 5K. They also provide box lunches for all participants, host the post-race awards ceremony and festivities and raise additional funds leading up to the race – which starts and ends in front of the restaurant -- by inviting customers to make donations when they pay their bills. We’re honored by the support and friendship of Mary and the entire Blue Owl family.
If you can't join us on August 8th, please consider being a virtual participant and supporting the cause.
$25.00Dec 1 – May 22
$30.00May 23 – Jul 15
$35.00Jul 16 – Aug 8
$25.00Dec 1 – May 22
$30.00May 23 – Jul 15
$35.00Jul 16 – Aug 8
|2||Ian and Kazzie Young||$1,065.85|
|3||Tim, Monica, Lana & Jason||$1,065.85|
Runnin’ with the RatballsRaised:
- Jake Goldsborough