Grab your capes and get ready to fly! Join the fight against child abuse!
Join in CASA of Tarrant County's Virtual 7th Annual Superhero Run/Walk - now in partnership with TCU Theta!
CASA of Tarrant County is re-imagining the Superhero Run which exists to bring people together, to high five, run/walk/fly and heroically raise funds to support abused and neglected children in Tarrant County. We can still do all of those fun things even in the era of physical distancing, it just looks different. This family-friendly 5K run and 1-mile Fun Run starting at the location of your choice (outdoor or indoor!) will attract people in masks, capes, and original costumes, all joining together virtually to support CASA.
From October 24-31, CASA of Tarrant County and TCU Thetas invite you to participate in a 5K walk or run, complete with swag, leaderboards, awards and some pretty cool surprises. Kids and dogs are invited to participate too! Just like our past, traditional races, our virtual race is fun, celebrates community and supports a great cause. By participating in CASA of Tarrant County's virtual event you will stay connected to our amazing community of supporters, be motivated to run throughout 2020, support an awesome cause and have some cool swag and stories to show for your efforts.
If you did not attend the drive-thru kick off event or registered afterwards, email email@example.com to coordinate a time to pick up your goody bags/t-shirts at the CASA Office, located at 101 Summit Ave, Suite 505, Fort Worth, TX 76102.
VIRTUAL RUN DETAILS:
• Complete a 5K in the comfort of your own neighborhood, trail, or venue of your choice - click here to view running trails in Tarrant County. Challenge yourself and complete more than one 5K! Each additional 5K entry gets you an additional t-shirt.
• Once you register, you will receive an email with a button to download the ASICS Runkeeper app and go to the Superhero Run event. Click here to download. Your time will be automatically uploaded by the app! Click here for detailed steps.
• 5K awards include awards for top male and female finisher in age categories: 0-8, 9-15, 16-21, 22-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+ and Overall M/F. Winners will receive a medal and special prizes to be delivered to your door!
• SHARE a selfie of you running in your t-shirt - the best selfie wins a special prize! SHARE photo of you and your dog/family/friends running in costume for a special prize! All photos must be uploaded to Facebook or Instagram and tagged CASA of Tarrant County.
• Grab your friends and coworkers to build a VIRTUAL JUSTICE LEAGUE! Teams of 5 or more receive a discount on 5K entries. Complete your run around your office building or neighborhood. Coordinate costumes and SHARE your team's photo to be entered to win a prize!
• Gather your own Caped Crusaders and fundraise for CASA of Tarrant County! All proceeds benefit abused and neglected children in Tarrant County. You can donate to support a current participant by clicking on the "Donate to participant" tab on the left. You can also donate yourself or as a team by clicking on the red "Donate Now" button to the left. Win special badges when you fundraise! There are awesome prizes for the top three fundraisers too (delivered to your door)! Click here to download fundraising graphics to help you spread the word.
*As this is a charitable event that supports children in need in our community, there are no refunds. Participants will still receive a t-shirt and virtual race entry. You may transfer your race number to another person by calling 817.877.5891 before October 9, 2020.
Individual 1 Mile Fun Run Registration. Not timed and not eligible for awards. All participants in the 1 Mile Fun Run will receive a finisher certificate, finisher medal, t-shirt and goody bag. Please pick up your items at our Drive-Thru Kick-Off Event on October 24, 10am-1pm at Central Bible Church.
$15.00Jun 5 – Sep 7
$25.00Sep 7 – Oct 31
5K Participant Registration. Timed through the Asics Runkeeper App and eligible for awards. All participants will receive a finisher certificate, t-shirt and goody bag. Top runners will receive a medal delivered to them after the race. Please pick up your items at our Drive-Thru Kick-Off Event on October 24, 10am-1pm at Central Bible Church.
$25.00Jun 5 – Sep 7
$35.00Sep 7 – Oct 31
Team Registration for 5K Walk/Run *Minimum 5 people
teams of 5 or moreJun 5 - Oct 31
|1||Alexandra Pierce of KAO||$535.43|
|3||The Kessler Family||$535.43|
- October 24 10:00 AM CDT - Kick-Off Event