Sullivan 180’s Coach to 5K Virtual Walk/Run
Race Week: August 30 - September 5, 2020
Sullivan 180's Coach to 5K is a virtual training program open to all Sullivan County residents. Sullivan 180's Coach to 5K program provides all participants with their very own coach and an 8-week 5K training plan for both runners and walkers. All are welcome to participate, whether you are a beginner, veteran runner or a family that would like to walk their first 5K together - this event is for you. This is a great time to get Sullivan County moving again!
After the 8-week training period ends, you will have a full week (August 30 through September 5) to complete your 5K and share your achievements with us on social media. There is a suggested registration fee, and we are accepting additional donations to help feed local families impacted by COVID-19. One hundred percent of the funds raised, both registration fees and additional donations, will go to *Sullivan Allies Leading Together (SALT) to feed Sullivan County families in need. Every $6 raised funds the purchase of a meal for a Sullivan County resident in need, so please consider making an additional donation, if you can. If you cannot afford the suggested donation/registration fee, there is a free option you can choose and still participate.
Here's how it works:
- Choose registration level.
- Choose a coach, create your own team, or participate solo.
- Invite friends and family to participate.
- Begin your 8-week training on July 6th.
- Tag us using the hashtag #S180Coachto5K in your photos and training updates on Facebook (@sullivan180inc) and Instagram (@sullivan_180).
- Map your race route with the help of your coach.
- Complete your 5K walk/run the week of August 30th - September 5th.
- Celebrate your achievements with us on social media.
*Sullivan Allies Leading Together (SALT) is a diverse partnership of agencies and community resources committed to working together to improve the quality of life for the residents of Sullivan County. To learn more please visit SALT's website, www.SaltCares.com.
Let's get Sullivan County moving!
While we are still facing the challenges of COVID-19, please check out this short video on how to safely run while practicing social-distancing protocols: