2020 Fair on the Square Marathon, Half Marathon & 5K
ONE YEAR ONLY - we have added a marathon distance for the Boston Marathon Virtual Runners
Saturday, September 12, 2020 in Danville, IN
Staggered start times for all three distances: 7:15 AM = Marathon
8:00 AM = Half Marathon | 8:15 AM = 5K
*We will require masks during check-in, before and after the race, and during awards. We will encourage all teams to follow the state guidelines when not running. No masks are required during the run because social distancing is available.
The Fair on the Square Half Marathon & 5K is an annual race that partners with Danville Tri-Kappa's Fair on the Square festival held on the Hendricks County Courthouse town square. Because of COVID-19's cancellation of the Boston Marathon scheduled for Monday, September 14th, the event has added a USATF certified marathon distance using a two-loop course as a 2021 BQ qualifier!
Some of the great features of Fair on the Square Event:
- One of the most country-scenic Half Marathon courses you can run in the Indianapolis metro area
- Water stations every 2 miles
- Chip timing system
- Music at the start/finish
- Age group winner and Overall awards
- Distance specific medals for all finishers
- Official events for all participants
- Free finisher photos
- Portalets at every water stop
- Fair food at the finish + Beer Garden
- USATF certified marathon and half marathon courses
If you were planning to run the 2020 Boston Marathon, here is why running the "Boston to Danville Marathon" option makes sense. The following statement is from the Boston Athletic Association:
"The Boston Athletic Association (B.A.A.) has announced that the 124th Boston Marathon will be held as a virtual event, following Boston Mayor Martin Walsh’s cancellation of the marathon as a mass participation road running event due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The virtual Boston Marathon will be complemented by a series of virtual events throughout the second week of September.
All participants who were originally registered for the April 20, 2020 event will be offered a full refund of their entry fee associated with the race and will have the opportunity to participate in the virtual alternative to the 124th Boston Marathon, which can be run any time between September 7–14. The B.A.A. will also offer a series of virtual events and activities throughout September’s Marathon Week in an effort to bring the Boston Marathon experience to the constituencies that the organization serves here in Boston, across the United States, and around the world."
The Marathon Waitlist has reached capacity and we have turned off the waitlist. Thanks for the interest and safe running!
A USATF certified two-loop course can be your 2021 Boston Qualifier. Limited to 150 runners. 6-hour maximum time limit.
$85.00Jun 9 – Sep 6
$90.00Sep 7 – Sep 11
The half marathon course offers country-scenic views once you leave Courthouse Square. The first half is fast but the second half offers some challenging rolling hills. Save your best for miles 9-11 and you will have a great race.
$65.00Jun 9 – Sep 6
$70.00Sep 7 – Sep 11
$30.00Jun 9 – Sep 6
$35.00Sep 7 – Sep 11
- September 11 4:00 PM EDT - Packet Pickup and Registration (Friday. 9/11))
- September 12 12:00 AM EDT - Race Day! (Saturday, 9/12)
- September 12 6:30 AM EDT - Packet Pickup and Race Day Registration
- September 12 7:15 AM EDT - marathon start
- September 12 8:00 AM EDT - Half Marathon Start
- September 12 8:15 AM EDT - 5K Start
- September 12 9:30 AM EDT - 5K Awards Ceremony
- September 12 10:30 AM EDT - Half Marathon Awards Ceremony
- September 12 11:00 AM EDT - Marathon Awards Ceremony
- September 12 1:15 PM EDT - Marathon Course Closure