Walk | Run | Cycle
Starting September 1 -- Ending September 27
Participate from anywhere at anytime
The Walk & Run for rare is back in 2020! But this year is a VIRTUAL EDITION for the month of September. That means anyone can get involved from anywhere, and you can do it your way!
How does it work?
Determine how you want to participate in the challenge! We have options for everyone to suit your participation level.
- You can register as a "Fun-Raiser" without committing to a certain challenge. This is perfect for the person who wants to raise funds but doesn't have a certain activity level goal.
- You can register as a "Four Week Challenger" if you want to commit to accomplishing a certain amount of kilometres for the challenge. This is perfect for the person who wants to set a goal and stay accountable by tracking with our online system!
- You can register as a "Day-of Partaker" if you want to join in for the one day virtual event. This is perfect for the person who loves the in-person event, and wants to participate on the original event date, September 27, to walk or run your usual distance - 3.5km walk, 5km run, or a cycle distance of your choice!
Once you have decided how you want to participate, reach out to family and friends to sponsor your activity!
All participants have the option to waive their registration and register for FREE by committing to raise $50 or more. Families of 4 to 6 people will also receive a family discount of $10 per participant when registering together.
Watch a fun video about how to participate virtually by clicking on the image here:
Although this year we won't be able to celebrate together in person at the BBQ lunch, we will still be offering lots of fun activities for all participants. New this year will be a special Walk & Run Scavenger Hunt Challenge sent out to participants weekly in September. This is perfect for families who register and want to have fun while spending time outside and getting active. There will still be prizes, a virtual yoga warm up, and the chance to make a difference for nature one step at a time together!
Click HERE to view how to edit your registration and add kilometers!
Countdown to event
- Participate for fun and raise money without committing to a certain KM challenge.
CA$25.00Jun 30 - Sep 27
- Challenge yourself to a personal kilometre goal by walking, jogging, or cycling over four weeks.
CA$25.00Jun 30 - Sep 27
|1||Kingsview Carpentry Ltd.||CA$537.69|
|3||Bramalea Tile Ltd.||CA$269.32|
The Butterfly Bunch
The Slithering Swant SnakesRaised:
- September 1 9:45 AM EDT - Challenge begins
- September 27 10:00 AM EDT - Group stretch & warm up
- September 27 4:00 PM EDT - Closing ceremonies & prize draw