Come join us at the Spooktacular Second IVS Trick or Trot Fun Run/Walk
(Click on the cauldron to see what bubbled out on last year's race!)
What could be better than running through a cemetery on Halloween night?? Trunk or Treating while running through a cemetery on Halloween night!!
The run/walk will start near the base of the Michael Sonnemaker statue and then wind past the mausoleums and monuments in Springdale.
(Don't be afraid - all the spooks and goblins are trick-or-treating elsewhere.) Along the way there will be trunk or treat stations to fill your goodie bag!
There will also be a Virtual Ghosting Trot - for those who prefer to haunt in their own graveyards.
Runners are encouraged to run in costume and enter the costume contest just before the fun run, in compliance with all CDC social distancing guidelines.
Best Male Costume, Best Female Costume, Best Couple Costume, Best Group Costume and new this year:
Best Under 18 Costume!
A photo booth will be available for an enduring image of your fun! There will be a disinfectant station available - please wipe down the photo booth before and after each use. A volunteer will also be stationed at the photo booth for assistance.
All participants will receive a treat bag and memento of their run.
Participants are required to bring a headlamp/flashlight. Reflective gear is encouraged.
Super cool knit hats with Ivy the IVS mascot will be available to the first 50 participants!
If you won't be able to run but still want a cool hat - that option is available as well!
Participants who choose the hat option will receive a knit cap with Ivy the IVS Halloween cat (see above) on the front - great for your autumn practice runs or just chilling in front of a fire, making S'mores.
Hats are in limited quantity! Order soon to reserve one for you!
Packet pick-up will be available on Friday, October 30th, from 4:30-6:00 pm in the Woodruff parking lot
Packet pick-up is available race day, between 5:00 pm and 5:45 pm adjacent to the Michael Sonnemaker Memorial Sculpture and Garden in lower Glen Oak Park (near the intersection of Abington and Perry Streets).
Note: due to COVID-19 social distancing restrictions - no day of registration will be allowed.
- Event Schedule
|October 30th 4:30-6:00 PM CDT||- Packet Pickup in Woodruff Parking lot|
|October 31st 5:00-5:45 PM CDT||- Race Day Registration/Check In|
|October 31st 5:45-5:55 PM CDT||-Costume Contest|
|October 31st 6:00 PM CDT||- Race Start|
TLC Fosters will have onsite information on their outreach program:
In a world where too many dogs and cats are displaced from their homes, or never have one of their own, we wanted to make a difference. We strongly believe fostering, rather than shelter life, is the key to that difference.
We are fortunate to be able to say that every one of the pets in our care are individually evaluated and cared for. The fur-babies are then settled into an experienced and loving foster home, ensuring they have the best possible chance at finding their forever home. This also allows us to see their personality and match them with the purfect furver home.
Our goal is to provide a quality of life that emphasizes love, health, confidence and happiness to every pet who comes into our program, with the ultimate goal being a second chance at a forever home.
Fostering for a Better Future!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION, please read completely.
Our intent is to host the 2020 IVS Trick or Trot 5k. The race will be conducted within the framework of all health and social distance guidelines. Therefore, the race will have a much different look and feel than last year. As a participant, it is your responsibility to understand the rules of participation and follow them to help ensure more races in our area can be successfully run. The information presented is likely to be refined as race day approaches. A final set of instructions will be emailed to all participants on race week.
Illinois’ Phase 4 allows persons to gather outdoors in groups of up to 50 persons, with multiple groups allowed within the same facility as long as groups can maintain separation.
Goal: To give runners a competitive racing experience in compliance with all CDC social distancing and health safety guidelines.
Please keep in mind that your cooperation and adherence to all safe distancing practices is the key to us being able to offer competitive events like this in the foreseeable future.
• Participants are required to be completely self-sufficient.
• Participants must follow all CDC safe distancing guidelines.
• Participants must be in good health and symptom free from any illness for at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
• Participants must register online in advance. No paper registration will be offered. No registration at pick-up or on race day will be available for any reason.
• Participants will be assigned a designated start time. There is a strict limit for each assigned start time that are available on a first come, first serve basis.
• The start waves are 6:00PM, 6:05PM, 6:10PM, and 6:15PM. Each wave will have a limit of 45 participants.
• Pickup of your race bib and hat prior to race day is strongly encouraged. Available in the old Woodruff High School parking lot on Friday from 4:30PM - 6:00PM.
• Participants will not be allowed to congregate or conduct any race preparation (warm-ups, stretching, adjusting or changing apparel, etc.) in the starting area. You should approach the starting line ready to run.
• Participants must remain socially distant from one another at the start line.
• Participants will cross timing equipment at the start line. Once you cross the timing equipment, your time will automatically start.
• The start line closes at 6:16PM. Anyone not started by that time will not be permitted on course.
• Aid Stations: self service water stations will be available. Consider running with the nutrition/water that you will need to successfully finish the 5K run. Products are available that make the carrying of water while running extremely manageable. Note: we will still have Trick or Trot goodie stations but they will be self-serve - the volunteers will maintain a mandatory social distance.
• It is your responsibility to know the course, and run it safely.
• Except for passing, participants should always remain on the far side of the roadway. Participants passing one another on the course must adhere to “no drafting” rules which include being no closer than 10 feet behind or in front of, or 6 feet beside other competitors at any time. Before passing, participants must be sure they can safely remain 10 feet behind and then 10 feet in front of the participant being overtaken before merging back to the side of the roadway.
• Upon completing their run and crossing the finish line, participants must continue moving towards the exit of the finish area. Participants will be required to leave the finish line area and proceed immediately to their vehicle or home as soon as they complete their race. No congregating of any type will be permitted before, during, or after the event.
• There will not be a finish line celebration, nor an awards ceremony.
• Results will not be posted on site
• Results will be updated throughout the evening on the IVS Facebook page. Final results will be emailed to all participants.
- Anyone not registered for the race and included in the limited head count, including family members, will not be permitted in the registration area or the start/finish area. The introduction of additional people will put us over the maximum allowable number of attendees
Events cancellation policy:
- Event staff reserves the right to cancel or to modify the race if deemed necessary to protect the participants,the volunteers, the spectators or the host community or as a result of unforeseen course/venue conflicts. Cancellations out of the direct control of the event will be recognized as unforeseeable acts. Since the staging of the race results in substantial up-front expenses regardless of whether or not the race is completed, cancellation or modification of the event will not result in the refunding of fees or future event credits. However, should the event be forced to cancel due to COVID-19, refunds will be provided upon request.
- Safety is our number one priority. If weather threatens our ability to safely run the event we will postpone if possible or cancel. We will not run in lightning. If there are weather delays or cancellations up to date information will be posted on the IVS Facebook page.
$9.00Aug 4 – Oct 4
$11.00Now registering Oct 4 – Oct 31
$6.00Aug 4 – Oct 4
$9.00Now registering Oct 4 – Oct 31
Select this option if you just want an awesome hat featuring Ivy the IVS Trick or Trot cat!
$12.00Aug 4 - Oct 31
Haunt your own graveyard for your 5k! Miles are on the honor system.
$6.00Aug 4 – Oct 8
$11.00Now registering Oct 9 – Oct 31