Run For The Children
5K & 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk (Virtual)
October 16 - November 1, 2020 (Choose your date!)
The Run For The Children 5K & 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk celebrates all the young warriors and their families fighting cancer and those who partner to join in the fight against childhood cancer.
The virtual run is an easy, fun activity to support children diagnosed with cancer. Make a difference for these young heroes during such a tough time. Share your compassion and excitement with friends and show how you are living to help wipe out kids’ cancer.
Get your legs moving and know that your participation is so inspiring to our youngsters battling cancer. Create a corporate, school, or personal team in honor of someone you love.
What's Included: T-shirt, medal, bib, and loaded swag bag (20% off at RunOn!, coconut water, protein bars, desserts, earbuds, food coupons, and more!) will be picked up at RunOn! locations (November 4 & 5 from 3-7pm). For earlier packet pick-up, please email email@example.com.
Cash prizes & trophies awarded to Top Runners & Social Media Sharers.
How to Register:
1. Go to wokcrun.com on your mobile device. Click on the red Register button, which will require you to login or create an account. Select "No, I want to create a password" if you have not used Race Roster before.
2. Enter the required information and select your t-shirt size.
3. After registering, you will receive an email titled, "Track your run with the ASICS Runkeeper app!"
4. Open this email on a mobile device and scroll to Step 1. Select "download the app." You will be brought to your phone's App Store to download the Runkeeper app. Why? The Runkeeper app is the primary method for timing your run (you can use a stopwatch if you like, if so, skip to step 7b below).
5. Open this email on your mobile device, and scroll to Step 1. Click "download the app." Click both buttons in email that say "Add event to app." Verify your name and the Run For The Children event will now be linked to your Runkeeper app. (If you are having trouble using the "Add event to app" button, skip to step 7c below)
6. On the day of your run, go to the Runkeeper app, select the explore tab in the bottom right, next select "Virtual 5K Run For The Children." To start your race, select "Track Race Now" to begin. (NOTE: You only have one attempt, so be ready to run the total distance when you click "Track my run").
7a. When you finish your race, the app will automatically submit your time for your records, and you will receive your finisher's certificate. NOTE: Please try to run a few hundred yards more after reaching your 3.1 or 1.0 miles to ensure accuracy. We are so excited to have you join us. Have a great race!
7b. Complete this step if you are using a stopwatch. On the day you run, record your time manually. When you are finished, go to https://raceroster.com/dashboard/welcome. Scroll to the section that says "Virtual Run" and select "View or manually post results here." You will be brought to a new page. Now select "Submit a virtual result." You will enter your time and submit. Now you have successfully submitted your time! (Deadline to submit time is November 1)
7c. Complete this step if you find yourself unable to get this event connected to the Runkeeper app through email. Go to your dashboard at https://raceroster.com/dashboard/welcome and select the "Run For The Children." Then select the teal button on the bottom right that says, "Connect to my app." Make sure you have the Runkeeper app downloaded from your phone's App Store. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
Visit https://wokc.org/racehelp for more guidance (w/ images).
For Official 5K Runners: Run times for this race can be linked and uploaded with the Asic's Runkeeper App for Official Time Records after receiving the event email from "Run Team at WOKC."
Cash Prizes Awarded to:
Top Male & Female Runner
Best Halloween Costumes (Top Male & Female Adult, Top Male & Female Children)
Best Race Day Outfit
Most Shared Posts (Instagram or Facebook)
Trophies to Top 3 Finishers in the 5K & 1 Mile Fun Run (Male & Female) in the following categories:
(NOTE: Only children 10 & under will receive trophies for the 1 Mile Fun Run, Adults are welcome to register for the Fun Run/Walk)
10 & under (1 Mile Fun Run)
Runners receive T-Shirt, Medal, Loaded Swag Bag, & Coupons (Trophies to Top 3 male & female runners in all age categories.)
$35.00Oct 1 – Nov 30
Comes with all the swag for all participants (Run or Walk). (NOTE: Only those 10 & under are eligible for trophies, but anyone is invited to register)
$35.00Oct 1 – Nov 30
Alpha Tau Omega TXKA