BlazeSports and the BlazeSports' Parent Advisory Board are pleased to present our inaugural and virtual Run & Roll 5K/1K. The event is inclusive of all abilities and includes an adaptive division.
All Race Registrants will receive a custom Blazin’ Spotify Playlist, a downloadable Bib, and a cool race-shirt. REGISTRATIONS RECEIVED BY 9/8/2020 ARE GUARANTEED AN OFFICIAL RACE SHIRT.
BlazeSports, the legacy of the 1996 Atlanta Paralympic Games, is one very few organizations in Metro Atlanta providing access to adaptive sports and recreation for children, youth and veterans with disabilities for nearly 25 years. The purpose of this 5K is to raise awareness of BlazeSports programs and services. All proceeds will be used to support youth & veteran adaptive sport programs, training & education activities, youth leadership and development and other athlete support.
Individuals and Teams will select their favorite routes and start times and we'll throw in some great prizes along the way! See Event details and schedule for more information and how to submit your times.
EVENT SCHEDULE AND DETAILS
Event Date: Sunday Sept 20, 2020 VIRTUAL
Location: Your Favorite Route, Anywhere
Cost: Early bird: $35 (until Aug 31) | Sept 1: $45
Event Schedule (all times are EDT)
7:00 am - 11:30 am: 1K/5K Start Time
8:00 am: Warm-up with Blaze Mascot via Facebook Live and Instagram Live
12:00 pm: Submit times for awards (optional)
2:00 pm: Post Race Awards ceremony via Facebook Live Party
PACKET PICKUP OPTIONS – Customizable bibs will be sent electronically.
To help ensure social distancing, we ask that Team Captains pick up the t-shirts for their entire team.
Saturday, September 19th
1670 Oakbrook Drive, Suite 331
Tuesday September 22rd and Wednesday, September 23rd
10:00am – 2:00pm
1670 Oakbrook Drive, Suite 331
Saturday, September 26th
Big Peach Running Company
5530 Windward Pkwy #420
We will be giving away special prizes from our Sponsors in the following categories (instructions will be included in the time submission email):
– Best decorated wheelchair
– Best costume / theme
– Biggest team
– Highest Elevation in your run/roll
– Most unique route design
RESULTS & AWARDS
- See Instructions below on how to submit results
- Awards will be announced during Post Race Awards ceremony via Facebook Live starting at 2pm
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd place runner’s names will be announced and medals will be mailed to each winner.
- Race Results will be posted on race website and BlazeSports website
Overall Runners Male & Female: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place medals awarded.
TEAM AWARDS: 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place
ADAPTIVE DIVISION: (wheelchair, handcycle, ambulatory & visually impaired)
Male and Female 18 & Under
Male and Female 19 & Over
Male & Female: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place medals awarded in each age group.
15 and under, 16 – 19, 20 – 24, 25 – 29, 30 – 39, 40 - 49, 50 – 59, 60 and Over
HOW TO SUBMIT TIMES
- You will be able to submit your 5K time anytime between 9/15/2020 and 9/20/2020 at 12pm in order to be eligible for a prize. Please follow all of the steps below in order to be included in the results;
- Run, roll or walk a 5K/1K anywhere - even on a treadmill. If you are running/rolling/pushing/walking outside, please make sure you are following all social distancing rules and follow ALL local, state, and federal mandates! Please remember to stay safe while running outside by avoiding high-traffic areas and if you are running alone, make someone aware of your plans and running route.
- Take a picture of your time/distance. It can be through Strava, Garmin, Mapmyrun, or even a picture of your watch or treadmill display. As long as we can see your distance / time, you are good!
- Email your proof to firstname.lastname@example.org within the time window posted above. Times submitted outside of this window will not count. Please include your full name in the email. ***VERY IMPORTANT*** In the subject line of your email, please put "BlazeSports 5K Results Submission" This will help us know which event you are participating in!
- If you wish to enter for one of our prizes, please submit a photo for proof.
- We will post complete results on 9/20 online and they will also be sent out via email.
Race Information: Mark at email@example.com or 678-895-2631
All other event information and sponsorship: BlazeSports contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
$35.00Jul 9 – Aug 31
$45.00Sep 1 – Sep 20
1K Fun Run for all ages
$20.00Jul 9 - Sep 20
|1||Jason & Holly Peck||$533.35|
Team Churi / Miller