The Halloween Hustle 5k or 10k is a free run/walk designed to keep our City of McKinney community inspired to exercise and encouraged to engage socially online. Gather your family and friends (virtually), follow social distancing rules, and have fun competing for bragging rights on social media. You can do your 5k or 10k anywhere you choose, however what better location than Bonnie Wenk Park in McKinney! Route instructions below.
How it works:
1. Log in or create a Race Roster account and register for the 5k or 10k online September 1-November 7.
2. Complete a 5K (3.1 miles) or 10k (6.2 miles) between October 25 and November 7 by walking or running. You can use a free app like Strava (displays your distance, time and race route) or just time yourself participating in the correct distance. You can run/walk/jog in your neighborhood, on your favorite City of McKinney trails, using an at-home treadmill. For a list of City of McKinney Trails click here.
3. After you complete your 5K or 10k, log in to your account and report your results before November 7 at 11:59 PM. https://results.raceroster.com/results/ur3sunvfd3wzc6tg
4. Post your route screenshots and race selfies in the Facebook event and/or tag us in your social media posts so we can cheer you on! Use #StayFitMcKinney or email your selfie's to email@example.com
5. We will post the division winners in our weekly newsletter and on social media. Top female and Male winners will receive a City of McKinney swag bag.
Bonnie Wenk 5k Route Instructions:
- Start at the pavilion closest to Virginia. Have a seat at the picnic table, lace up your shoes, and take a breath in the fresh air.
- As you hit the sidewalk, go right towards Virginia.
- When you see the sign along the trail, stay to the left towards Al Ruschhaupt Park.
- Follow the path under Virginia Pkwy.
- When you get to the roundabout, take a left at the roundabout towards Al Ruschhaupt Park.
- Take a right on North Brook Drive, towards Al Ruschhaupt Park.
- Take your next right into the park and follow the side walk alongside the playground.
- As you proceed through Al Ruschhaupt Park, say hello to the disc golfers!
- At the next trail sign you'll see several different directions. Stay straight towards Towne Lake Park.
- When you have reached the intersection of Gerry R Lane/Park View Ave (end of Al Ruschhaupt Park) YOU ARE HALFWAY. TURN AROUND AND HEAD BACK!
- Event contact
- Tara Beck